“Great southern cooking”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
St. Augustine, Florida
“Great southern cooking”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Loved the pulled pork and my husbands spare ribs fell off the bone. Sauce selection meets everyone's tastes. The sides are a meal in themselves. Veggie lovers will get a full belly. The banana pudding just like mom use to make. Very noisy inside! So not a place for a quit intimate dinner. Great place to take the family though! By the way efficient, attentive wait staff and hostess.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Geriwkr

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best BBQ I've had in years.”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by last Sunday and had spectacular BBQ. I had North Carolina style pulled-pork - which was better than many of the restaurants in Greensboro where I used to live. My husband had the Texas/Kansas style beef brisket. Also spectacular. We didn't try any of the sauces because we felt the meat was too good to need anything extra. The generous sides were also exceptional. We tried four. After reading about the Macaroni & Cheese I had to try it - and it was good, but for me 2nd best after the Wolfgang Puck version with 4 cheeses including Gorganzola. The sweet potatoes were lightly mashed with brown sugar and pecans on top, not mixed in. This let my husband eat the plain potatoes below while I mixed mine to indulge my sweet tooth. The corn was smoked and very interesting, and the green beans had clearly been made from fresh beans. All the sides were served in little bowls on the plate making it easy to share. We each got small portions, and while my husband finished his, for me it was enough for another meal the next night.
I've been craving this ever since. We had planned to go back tonight for our anniversary - but with a tropical storm rolling in I have to decide if I'm really going to let my husband go out and risk his life for take-out. It's just a tropical storm- not a hurricane, and it's only 45 miles - maybe he's right and it is worth it.

1 Thank Bnehme
Yulee, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fall off the bone Spareribs”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had the Fried Pickle appetizer and also the Burnt Ends (beef brisket tidbits), both were really good. I normally avoid beef ribs and spare ribs because, they are usually tough. These were tender and the dry rub was delicious. We fed our family of four including drinks and appetizers for $80 before the tip. It was well worth it!

Visited June 2013
Essex, UK
“Good food and value”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We found Mojo BBQ while walking around the old town on our first night in St Augustine, and enjoyed the friendly service and tasty food. Dry rubbed ribs, pulled pork and brisket beef were very good, and there were some fine beers available. Prices were very reasonable for the size of the meals. Worth a visit, and we would return if we find ourselves in St Augustine again.

“Wow!! Amazing Food.”
Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We found this on our last night in St. Augustine and we loved it. This has just become one our must have stops when we are in town. If you like some heat in your BBQ then you should definately try the sloppy mojo sand which.