“Yum”
Review of Mojo Old City BBQ

Mojo Old City BBQ
Ranked #28 of 583 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Yum”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Starting off this was the worst place. We were seated promptly but waited over 10 minutes for someone to come over to us. And that wait was only ended be cause I had to flag another waitress down. I would have understood if they were busy, but there were 5 servers standing and joking around at hostess area with about 5 tables inside that were seated. After flagging down waitress and finally getting our drinks... the service improved.

The chicken nachos were amazing. Sweet tea was brewed to perfection. The alcoholic drinks were spot on. Try the mixed drink with cucumbers.....one of their specialities and they make it to perfection.

I must say, food was good but if the beginning of everyone's experience starts like mine, this restaurant will not last.

Birmingham, Alabama
“Great Food”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The BBQ was good. I liked the sweet potatoes. You get a lot of food for the money. A good value. Lunch was around $10.00

Fort Myers, Florida
“BBQ on Cinco De Mayo”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The Mexican restaurants in town were already packed so my wife read the review for Mojo's and we went there. Had the house margarita which was good but on the sweet side for me, so I had the regular for the second one! I ordered the chicken quesadilla and while very tasty somehow I could not get over the BBQ sauce on a Mexican dish. We sat outside and listened to fellow play guitar and sing and that was nice.A nice first night in St Augustine.

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Kicking 'Q' at Mojo”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Burnt Ends! Local beer! Outside, casual, relaxed dining. Great, knowledgeable, & attentive waitstaff & delicious tasting BBQ! You gotta try this place. I suggest the Raspberry Chipotle sauce!

Jekyll Island, Georgia
“Pulled pork all around!”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We had a great lunch and really appreciated the manager's visit to our table (Cary of St Augustine bike/segway tours recommended that we try Mojo). Most of us had the pulled pork lunch plate, my husband had brisket and my daughter had the kids ribs plate with mac and cheese (plus drink and ice cream). Upon Cary's recommendation, we all ordered different sides and shared-I definitely recommend this! We all had more food than we could possibly eat. I had mac and cheese (it was ok) and dirty rice (great!!), others had green beans (fresh and a little spicy-so good!), baked beans, slaw, sweet potato casserole (good, and very sweet). We also had sangria, which was tasty but a little sweet for my taste-it would make a refreshing dessert after your bbq meal.

One note-there is outdoor seating available, but we did not sit outside. Inside it is a very large room and is very loud. My dad has some hearing loss and found it really hard to hear inside with the noise. The art is nice to look at inside though!

• Visited May 2013