“Pretty Good If You Order Right”
Review of Mojo Old City BBQ

Mojo Old City BBQ
Ranked #19 of 601 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Whenever we go anywhere, barbecue will always pull us in while we're walking around looking for dinner. The other restaurant we wanted to go to had a forty minute wait, so we wandered over to Mojo's, as I had never been before.

Even though it was a Saturday during Spring Break at 7pm, we walked in and were immediately seated. After about ten to fifteen minutes of waiting, we finally flagged down a waitress and got some beers, then ordered a few appetizers.

The nachos and onion rings were fantastic, and, I'll admit, we kinda over did it with the appetizers, but when my sandwich came, I was happy we did. I ordered The Club sandwich, and totally ordered wrong. Though I loved the concept of it (shredded pork, with turkey and cheese on bread), the cheese was like a Kraft Single melted on and the turkey was very thick (I thought it would be shredded, too, but this was my fault for not asking the waiter about it). I ended up pulling the cheese and turkey layer off and just eating the pork part. The mac and cheese was something to be desired, as well.

Overall, it was a 50/50 meal, and I still left full, due to the appetizers, but I wish I would have ordered better. However, in the end, I would go back, but probably just order the old staple of a pulled pork sandwich with fries.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,464)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Spent a couple of days in St. Augustine with the family over Spring break. Read about this place on TripAdvisor and decided we had to give it a try. The fried green tomatoes were delicious, the pulled pork melts in your mouth, brisket had a nice balance of smoke, burnt ends and fat. My daughter who is a connoisseur of mac and cheese loved it. Our server Jenn was spot on and provided us with some of the best service we received during our visit. If you like/love BBQ don't miss this spot, you wont be disapointed.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Been twice in the last few months. First time excellent, last time pretty much the same. My only beef is with the staff. Some run and others wander. If you're lucky you'll get a waiter who hussles. The food is good. I like the Rib Eye and the Nachos.
Give it a shot.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

can by this place finding a place to park,The smell comming from there I new it had to be good,i ordered lunch plate which was a pladder or pulled pork and 2 sides,mine was mash poatoes gravy,and blackeye peas.great portions for they money,all fresh,Its off the main st but worth the 1 blk away.Our waitress was very nice and helpfull.You won't be sorry good food.Just went to the top of BBQ spots to go eat.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Omg I'm so glad "the spinner " recommended this place to eat.. They have the best Mac & Cheese in the world.. food was awesome and who serves the best sangria in a tall mason jar.. They do! This will be my pick every time I go back to St. Augustine.... You will have a long wait though ,but worth every min...busy place...