“Delicious meal”

Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Delicious meal”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Both food and service were excellent. Portions are generous and the price is right. The acoustics inside are clattery, so it would be good to sit outside if the weather is nice.

Bradenton, Florida
“Yummy! Shrimp and Grits!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This BBQ place is delicious and has a great outdoor sitting area. The shrimp and grits are amazing! We also had the brisket. Everything was fantastic. We will go back!

Georgia
“Food - awesome... Service - awful”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We went there for lunch based on the suggestion of a local. We were sat promptly at a booth... where we waited, and waited, and waited, and waited some more. I counted 4 waiters/waitresses that walked by us without speaking a word. I finally got up and went to the hostess desk and told her we had been there for appx. 10 minutes and not a single person had talked to us, taken our drink order, or so much as looked in our direction. There was a waitress at the hostess desk who said "Oh, they're mine". She proceeded to tell us that she wrote down the wrong table numbers for herself that day (then how did she immediately know 'we were hers'??). She took our order and the food didn't take long to come out. We were not offered anything for our extended wait time, but it's okay - we were hungry and just ready to eat! The food was excellent and the portions were giant. Our bill came and we noticed that she had forgotten to charge us for the Coke. I thought maybe it was a courtsey since we had been made to wait so long, but to be ethical and to make sure, we mentioned the error to her. Her response - "Oh, good catch. I would've paid for that later." She left and added the Coke to our bill. I was a little shocked to be honest. We would not return, despite the good food, as it was tainted severely by the bad service. Such a shame.

• Visited March 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Better than I anticipated”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I just visited here and I am definitely surprised. It was much better than expected and prices were reasonable. The food was nice size portions, seasoned well and nicely priced. I had the shrimp ( not a big meat eater) and my spouse & children had the "whole hawg" -- it was sample of all the meat items they offered with 4 sides. The boys all said it was good and enjoyed it. I would definitely go back if I ever am in the area again. I am from North Carolina and my sons / spouse both said the pulled pork was just like that of NC, the brisket / chicken/ sausage just like Texas so everyone was happy. Tampa could definitely use a place like this....

• Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Pulled pork at its best”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The pulled pork sandwich was moist, tender and flavorful and there were about half a dozen different sauces to choose from. There were lost of different sides to choose from as well. I highly recommend a visit.