“Only place I will get coffee”
Review of The Kookaburra

The Kookaburra
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Aussie themed Coffee/Pie shop. Serving excellent Bold!Bean espresso and coffee, frozen frappes, specialty teas, and delicious Aussie meat pies and treats.
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I never was much of a coffee fan until I moved to Australia for a few years. Over there coffee is an art and they take it very serious. I was ruined for coffee in my hometown of St Augustine, but fortunately while I was down under this place opened up. It is the only place around that I can get something as good as Sydney or Melbourne coffee. If you are from a place with great coffee culture you will not be disappointed, and if you just want a taste of what most of us are missing in the states you will be ruined for coffee anywhere else like me.

1  Thank Seamus Y

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Our waitress at Harry's Bar and Grill recommended this little coffee place. We wanted to walk dinner off and share a cup. She said this place was her favorite and the best. Boy, was she right.
It's a tiny coffee house in historic St. Augustine serving organic coffees. I ordered a decaf. I was served a blend from Peru. In the process of brewing it for me, my husband spotted biscotti cookies and inquired. Cinnamon chocolate biscotti, how can you pass those up. I'll have one with my coffee, please!
The coffee is simply one of the best cups I have ever had. No bitter taste. Smooth flavor, hot cup of coffee. I could have hand second cup right then and there BUT I wanted to sleep that night.
The cinnamon chocolate chip biscotti was sinful and delicious. Good luck having just one.
Find this place on your visit. It will be worth your time.

1  Thank Lady940
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Ok...don't judge me but...I'm totally addicted to the kook!! I have travelled a tremendous amount in my life and I will tell you that, without a doubt, KOOKABURRA is the best coffee I've ever had! And for a great bonus, the owners and staff just simply could not be nicer!! If you are rolling through town, the kook is a must try!!!!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Kookaburra has really the best coffee in a town that has good coffee. They also have an interesting offering of breakfast munchies (Aussie meat pies are like an egg and muffin with a cool accent). The Mochuccino and Cappuccino are great.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I'm an iced coffee addict, and stopped in here one morning to get my fix. Ordered an iced coffee w/ cream and sugar, which can be really good or really disappointing, depending where you go. I am happy to say that this place made one of the BEST iced coffees I've ever had. SO GOOD! My husband ordered the Aussie Iced Coffee, which was a little on the sweet side and also delicious. If I lived in St. Augustine, I'd be a regular at The Kookaburra. FYI, it's more of a to-go place, as there isn't a ton of seating.