“The spot to go hands down, clean professional, & great!”
Review of The Kookaburra

The Kookaburra
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Aussie themed Coffee/Pie shop. Serving excellent Bold!Bean espresso and coffee, frozen frappes, specialty teas, and delicious Aussie meat pies and treats.
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I have traveled to many corners of the world and this place is as good or better than the best places I have ever been. The staff is always polite, clean & professional. The products they produce are on point and you don't wait long at all. It is right down town so if you are there you should stop in and see the place!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

I admit it, I'm a coffee snob, especially espresso drinks. . I live in Seattle and even there i only frequent Vivace or Vita; Intelligentsia in Chicago; Joe or Coffee Culture in NYC, or Stumptown in Portland. I roast my own beans. Finding a boutique coffee bar with amazing coffee and baristas who "get it right" is a real treat. The Size, location, ambiance, pastries are all "nice to haves" - but pulling exquisite shots of nectar and steaming and pouring perfectly infused milk for a latte or cap- is the hallmark of a great coffee experience. These guys do it well. I was very surprised to find this quality in what is not considered a coffee town.

Trip Advisor should change the heading to Coffee and Espresso Bar.

1  Thank John C
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Wife and I are coffee lovers extreme. Have beans fedexed to our house. Kookaburra is definitely our favorite in st. Augustine. Staff was great and friendly. Coffee was excellent including drip, press, chemex, and my wifes foufou drinks. If you want cheap/fast out of a large urn go elsewhere. There are a couple of other good places (city coffee on th ponce de leon is very good), but this is our favorite.

1  Thank SoccerMike1313
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stopped in Kookaburra for coffee today and decided to try their Aussie Meat Pies. Never having had one before I wasn't sure what to expect. It was very good. Better than any pastie in England. The girls recommended eating it with ketchup, Heinz of course, and it made a difference. They are meant to be eaten by hand but mine fell apart so I needed a fork. This is a tiny place with 2 tables and wall counter seats. The servers were very friendly and enjoyed what they were doing. It was very busy with most people ordering the coffee drinks. They missed the best part, the Aussie pies.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Great coffee and Mexican hot chocolate. Friendly and helpful service. Good location. Easy spot to pop in while walking around St Augustine and get warmed up during our winter visit!