“Great selection, knowledgeable staff”
Review of The Kookaburra

The Kookaburra
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Aussie themed Coffee/Pie shop. Serving excellent Bold!Bean espresso and coffee, frozen frappes, specialty teas, and delicious Aussie meat pies and treats.
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Went in to get a pick me up during the middle of the day. This place has a very nice décor, especially with the Australian theme. The pastries are made by the gourmet cupcake place next door, so you know they're good. The meat pies looked great too. The coffee selection was superb, and the woman behind the counter really seemed to know her stuff. She answered all of our questions and made an awesome frozen latte with a touch of chocolate. Great place!

4  Thank ucfbeerknight

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The perfect place for a pick-me-up, the Kookaburra offers all manner of coffee beverages as well as Aussie meat pies. I only had a frozen latte beverage, but it was one of the best I've ever had. The friendly staff custom made something for me to enjoy, and it was so good, I suggested they add it to the menu. The Kookaburra is small, laid back, and just the kind of gem I always hope to find when traveling.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Aussie style place thats quick and delicious. We wanted to try the Aussie meat sandwich things but they were sold out so get there early!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

After having rude service at Schmagel’s Bagels we walked into the Kookaburra and were very impressed. The coffee shop is amazing and the shop keeper is equally impressive. We carried our stroller up the steps and she had no problem with it. She also customized a tea for me that was delicious and my husband’s chai tea (with soy) was the best I have ever had. I wished we could have tried the meat pies, but she sold out. We’ll definitely be going back when we’re in town.

1  Thank regalkat40
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Loved this little place, close to St.George St. Yummy coffee drinks, only two tables but we enjoyed ours across the street on the Green. Friendly helpful staff! Check it out you won't be sorry!