“The meat pie was good but they need a beer license”
Review of The Kookaburra

The Kookaburra
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Aussie themed Coffee/Pie shop. Serving excellent Bold!Bean espresso and coffee, frozen frappes, specialty teas, and delicious Aussie meat pies and treats.
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Having enjoyed meat pies in Sydney and Brisbane, I was intrigued to see one on a menu in St Augustine. The pie was quite good. However, it really needed a beer as an accompanient.

TheKookaburraShop, Owner at The Kookaburra, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Hi Ed M.,

Thanks for the review of our pies! We definitely would like to get a beer and wine license at some point, however the city of St. Augustine currently has a statute in place that prohibits selling or serving alcoholic beverages within 100 feet of a church. We are 63 feet away from the Catholic Basilica. We are working on it though!

There are newer reviews for The Kookaburra

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The people are great, the food is amazing and the coffee is fresh and hot! Shop local and treat yourself to something great!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The coffee was delicious and so were the meat pies. We tried the Sirloin meat pie. Enjoyed talking with the owners. The Kookaburra is a gem in St. Augustine!

Reviewed February 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I spent this past weekend in St. Augustine, and since I couldn't just stop into my work or make myself a cup at home, I really wanted to find a good, local spot for my coffee. I've been a barista for years at -insert big popular coffee chain we all know here-, so I spend a lot of time with coffee. Things like cleanliness and friendliness go a long way with me, as of course the taste and quality of what I'm paying for. After having been very disappointed by another local coffee place in St. Augustine, we were just randomly walking around and exploring the little streets downtown and I saw the sign for The Kookaburra. I remember seeing the reviews here on TripAdvisor, and decided to give it a try. The guy and gal behind the counter (owners, perhaps?) were very welcoming, polite, and knowledgeable. I ordered a frozen cherry ripe (sans coconut...just not a fan of coconut), and it was THE BEST frozen coffee drink I've ever had. My boyfriend sipped some as well, and agreed that it was delicious. The Kookaburra absolutely made my morning! :) Will most definitely return next time we're in St. Augustine.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stopped here for an afternoon coffee while being tourists in this town. Perfect, delicious coffee and superb Biscotti. Sat outside at the one table in the sun and totally enjoyed this experience. Must stop here. Other delights available.