“A nice idea, but poor service”

CB Hinson Inc Southern Carriages
Ranked #36 of 121 Tours in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Owner description: Saint Augustine's Greatest Horse Drawn Carriage Tours, come ride with our fantastic horses and professional drivers. We guarantee a fun, memorable and historic tour through the nation's oldest city. Private and group tours, engagement and weddings available.
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Our tour was meant to be between 1 - 1.5 hours and it only actually lasted 45 minutes. Our guide hounded us to take an earlier tour when we had actually booked for 10pm, he continually called and text us to make it earlier, we felt pressured. The horses looked in good body condition and well fed, but their feet needed some attention. Any horse person would have noticed that straight away.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Thank you for being a part of the most romantic evening of my life. I was proposed to by the man of my dreams on a carriage ride that I thought was supposed to be dinner in St. Augustine for my birthday. The evening was perfect. Our tour guide, Danyelle was awesome and I would highly recommend CB Hinson to anyone that is looking for excellent customer service, it doesn't get any better! Thank you again. We have pictures to last a lifetime of the event and all the personal touches were an added bonus! We will definitely be back at Christmas time to see the lights as Danyelle said it is beautiful. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

As we were going to dinner, we saw carriages lined up. My husband went over and asked if we could have an 8:00PM ride. Kurt the driver said sure. We arrived promptly at 8 and took off on a one hour tour around town. Kurt described the various venues around town. Going slow around town at night gave us a different perspective. We had a great time. Kurt was very funny and showed us an excellent time!

2  Thank Vicki C
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I can't say enough about the great tour and tour driver (Cody?, her horse is Cinnamon) I have been coming to St. Aug for 13 years but never did a tour or learned the amazing history. We did the long tour option in the Breastcancer pink carriage, amazing! We toured the back roads and learned some great and amazing things about the history of St and the founding fathers! This tour was worth every penny and I think we'll come back again next time for another tour!

Side note, our driver let us stop at the old church and go inside for a few minutes, also helped us find an atm, she is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2  Thank amys289
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was looking for a romantic yet unique experience for my engagement to the woman of my dreams. I called and talked with Bobby who assured me that the engagement package would a perfect fit. For a nominal charge they provided a dozen roses and wine of my choice. I surprised my girlfriend with a carriage ride. She was impressed with the beautiful carriage and friendly driver (Danyelle). She provided a wonderful informative tour with history of St. Augustine. We stopped at a beautiful church where I proposed. We returned to the carriage to receive the roses and cold iced wine and surprise pictures of the proposal. How cool was that?. My Fiance' described the entire event as a perfect night. Everything was perfect including the driver delivering us to a wonderful restaurant for a great ending to our spectacular night. I would encourage anyone to find a better value in an incredible event. We will be back. Thank you for everything.

2  Thank Ted D