“Just Awesome!”

The Hyppo Cafe
Ranked #25 of 43 Dessert in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Lunch
Description: The Hyppo Café is St. Augustine's spot for Bold Bean espresso, fresh original sandwiches, cold drip coffee, fresh squeezed orange juice, Hugo's muffins, agave sodas, a full range of delightful confections, and of course our acclaimed gourmet popsicles... made with fresh whole fruits and herbs and lovingly frozen by our first rate popsicologists.
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The gourmet popsicles are out of this world. I visited there today and got a strawberry chia pop! It was delicious. I actually visit the Hyppo Cafe a lot. For lunch, my favorite is the Du Jardin (hummus and veggies rolled up in naan bread). So good!! I love that the employees are always smiling and seem genuinely happy to be there. Check out the Hyppo, you'll be happy you did!!

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

The Hyppo is a must stop if we're anywhere near St. Augustine. Their popsicle flavors are amazing. This trip, on our way to Orlando we stopped at the Hyppo cafe and I tried the sweet potato crunch. I ordered my popsicle before I ordered lunch because I was afraid I wouldn't have room afterward, and having a popsicle was my top priority! It was, as usual, delicious! We usually stop in the downtown location, but this time we stopped at the Hyppo cafe, which is located in a strip center outside of town. They not only have popsicles, but offer breakfast and lunch items as well. My hubby got the pork sandwich with gorgonzola cheese and figgy preserves. I got the mixed green salad with caramelized walnuts and gorgonzola cheese with a vinaigrette dressing. Both were delicious. The sandwich came with an apple slaw that was yummy, too. My only complaint was that the salad was a little difficult to eat. Stop once, and I guarantee the Hyppo well become a must stop for you, too.

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

I came here several times and love it here! Cozy and pretty atmosphere. Friendly service. Most importantly, they serve good food! Their prices are reasonable too! My favorites are hyppo grilled cheese sandwich and TBA Salad. Also gourmet ice pops are the best in st augustine!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

First off, what I like most about The Hyppo is that, if you didn't knnow it was here, you could easily miss it. It's off the beaten path, but only by about a block or so.

Seating is more than ample, and includes some very nice overstuffed arm chairs and couches. If you can't get comfortable here, then you can't get comfortable.

The Hyppo Cafe offers up a nice selection of coffees, and some tasty sandwiches, as well. My favorite is the Grilled Hyppo & Cheese. I get it with the ham (it's also available with turkey) on sourdough.

The staff is young; college age, for the most part, and very friendly. I like to stop in, have lunch, and cruise the web for a while.

Definitely a nice, uncrowded (yet busy) place to sit for a little while...

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Hidden in a shopping center, this cute place is filled with interesting art, wood counter, booths & tables & inviting atmosphere for coffees, gourmet popsicles, cookies and/or good fresh food.We missed breakfast which looked good, but husband had a hummus, tapenade, greens on naan wrap with refreshing slaw side & I had a delicious TBA salad,(turkey, bacon,avocado, gouda on fresh spring greens). The generous portion of this combo was perfectly done & beautiful to look at.I also ordered a bowl of the Southwestern Chowder which was bland & watery. Could have used more beans, corn, tomatoes & taste. It was hot though & it was a cold day. But I still ordered what the Hyppo is known for-the popsicles. Had an Espresso one that was fantastic! It was a hard choice since there are so many good ones to choose from & the man behind the counter was very helpful when I asked if I should get Espresso or Sweet Potato Crunch. I've had several of the flavors before in the other Hyppo. On the whole, a nice find in this part of St. Augustine.