“Delicious, Eclectic & Surprising”
Review of The Hyppo Cafe

The Hyppo Cafe
Ranked #20 of 43 Dessert in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Lunch
Description: The Hyppo Café is St. Augustine's spot for Bold Bean espresso, fresh original sandwiches, cold drip coffee, fresh squeezed orange juice, Hugo's muffins, agave sodas, a full range of delightful confections, and of course our acclaimed gourmet popsicles... made with fresh whole fruits and herbs and lovingly frozen by our first rate popsicologists.
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Hidden in a shopping center, this cute place is filled with interesting art, wood counter, booths & tables & inviting atmosphere for coffees, gourmet popsicles, cookies and/or good fresh food.We missed breakfast which looked good, but husband had a hummus, tapenade, greens on naan wrap with refreshing slaw side & I had a delicious TBA salad,(turkey, bacon,avocado, gouda on fresh spring greens). The generous portion of this combo was perfectly done & beautiful to look at.I also ordered a bowl of the Southwestern Chowder which was bland & watery. Could have used more beans, corn, tomatoes & taste. It was hot though & it was a cold day. But I still ordered what the Hyppo is known for-the popsicles. Had an Espresso one that was fantastic! It was a hard choice since there are so many good ones to choose from & the man behind the counter was very helpful when I asked if I should get Espresso or Sweet Potato Crunch. I've had several of the flavors before in the other Hyppo. On the whole, a nice find in this part of St. Augustine.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The sandwiches are great....the lattes are great...but the popsicles are out of this world. My favorite so far is the Mexican Hot Chocolate.

1  Thank Laura T
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had three in one day. Haven't had a Popsicle in years, but these are addicting. Freshly made and easier to eat than ice cream. And with flavors like Elvis and bourbon peach, can't miss

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is my new favorite place for lunch. Great selections that are fresh and unique. The figgy pig sandwich makes your tastebuds smile,and I love the slaw. So far I have had 3 of their sandwiches and plan on trying a salad next time. I also had the ELVIS popsicle. Can't wait to try more menu selections.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for a sandwich and let me tell ya. The TBA is awesome. Turkey bacon avacodo grilled. Stop in for a great time and have. Ice pop!