Open today: 11:00 AM - 10:30 PM

from $20.52
More Info
from $25.65
More Info
All reviews food tour pub crawl taberna del caballo small group highly recommend this tour wealth of knowledge pub tour food and wine a great tour guide lots of fun flagler college lynn spirits augustine vinegars pirate tales
Selected filters
Reviewed February 24, 2020

The “Conquistatour of St. Augustine” is more entertainment than history, but it is fine if you like that sort of thing. I learned a few interesting facts, so that’s worth a couple of stars.

However, I was disturbed by a significant omission concerning the history of the civil rights movement in St. Augustine. The walking tour stopped at the very spot where Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was arrested and later jailed, and where a motel owner infamously poured acid into his swimming pool to drive out African-Americans attempting to desegregate the pool. However, the tour guide made no mention of this. In fact, if you take the “Conquistatour of St. Augustine,” you will leave without any sense that there ever have been African-Americans in St. Augustine.

Should you choose to take this tour, I recommend that you fill in the missing gaps with a visit to St. Augustine’s fine Lincolnville Museum & Cultural Center, just a few blocks from downtown.

Reviewed February 23, 2020 via mobile

We took the food walking tour with Kyle and had a really good time. Kyle was very informative and friendly and pointed out many things that we never would have seen if working on our own. The food was plentiful and delicious and we were able to get a real “flavor” for the city.
We Highly recommend it!

Reviewed February 18, 2020 via mobile

10/10 would recommend. Great for learning some historical facts about the city and some interesting ghost stories while checking out the local pubs. Our guide was great and made sure we had fun but also got the most of the tour!

Reviewed February 16, 2020 via mobile

Our tour guid had a lot of knowledge but he spoke fast and wasn’t loud enough at times. He could have been more enthusiastic about his tour.

Reviewed February 15, 2020

I was making a first time visit to St. Augustine as a stop on my trip back home. I knew I wanted to see the historic district, but with only wanting to stop for a few hours, I wanted a quick overview. I found this tour on Tripadvisor and it was exactly what I was looking for! Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and gave a lot of interesting little background nuggets about areas we were seeing.

Tour covered about 2 miles total and moved at a nice pace. Never felt rushed but also never felt like we were not moving along. I would highly recommend this tour for anyone wanting an overview of St. Augustine and to quickly hit a lot of the highlights. I think the tour did its job, as I really want to come back to St. Augustine and visit some places in greater depth!