“Ah-mazing Food Tour!”

St. Augustine Historic Walking Tours
Ranked #2 of 29 Nightlife in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Owner description: *Food Tours, Pub Crawls, Pet Friendly & Scavenger Hunts! "Drink in the History" of the city on our Historic, Pirate & Paranormal Pub Crawls of St Augustine or the one-of-a-kind St Augustine Beer Experience. A tasty way to learn the culinary history of the city is to embark on the St. Augustine Food Tour. Or try one of our Scavenger Hunts! A fun way to find out more about St Augustine!*
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We did the food tour with Mia as our guide - what an incredible experience! We did five restaurants - all of which were off the main drag but fairly close together. It was great way to sample different cuisines, especially dishes that I wouldn't have normally chosen. We were all definitely super full by the end - make sure you leave room for desert! Loved the history about how different ethnicities have shaped local culture and food - Mia was super knowledgeable! Was fun getting to meet other people on the tour as well - everyone was super laid back and doing the wine pairings made it even more enjoyable :-) The whole afternoon really was a tremendous experience and I would definitely do it again if I go back to St Augustine - makes me wish there was a similar tour in my home town! Also loved the few 'Mia surprises' that were thrown in, including fruit wine, crazy popcorn flavors and fudge!

2  Thank Nikki S

Reviewed February 1, 2013

This tour was wonderful! It was a great way to hear about the history of St. Augustine with a pirate slant! Anne who gave us a tour was great at telling us the history of the city and interesting facts, details and events while sharing pirate stories and information. We really enjoyed our walking tour!

3  Thank Michelle D
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Mia was our guide, and gave us lots of information about the history of St. Augustine, and the different nationalities that contributed to the variety of foods and restaurants now available. She was very knowledgeable, and easy to be with. The foods were marvelous and the restaurants that she chose were "off the beaten path", but were charming. We had PLENTY to eat, and chose to have wine pairings with the food, which were also excellent.

1  Thank Marcia E
StAugHistoricTours, Owner at St. Augustine Historic Walking Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

It was so nice meeting you and your family. I had a wonderful time with you as well. Hope to see you again the next time that you make it to St Augustine. We'll be adding more new places on the tour as well. I can't wait to tell you all about it. Cheers!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We decided to try the food tour and it was the best experience/attraction of our visit to St. Augustine. I called to get information about the tour and to see if allergies could be accomadated. Mia couldn't have been more helpful. She told me it would be no problem to work around the allergies and we were able to book the same day, even though it was New Year's Eve! It was very personal and full of fun and history.

All the food was amazing, wine fabulous and the Mia's stories and history made the entire afternoon a blast. I never knew all these great restuarants existed and we had a great taste of each! I can't wait to go back and try some of the restaurants again.

I not only would recommmend this company and Mia, so much so, we can't wait to get back to try another tour!

Best afternoon spent in St. Augustine!

1  Thank jodyml813

Thank you for the great review! We think that we're the best too. *grin* We will always do what we can to accommodate our guests. We look forward to seeing you when you come back to visit us in St. Augustine.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were in St. Augustine for the week of New Year's with our son and daughter-in-law. We have been coming here for the last 20 years and had never taken a tour like this. On New Year's eve we called and made reservations to take the St Augustine Food tour, we were met by Mia Bain who was our tour guide and were treated like gold by her and all the restuarants we visited. It was very organized and informative, not only did we get to try foods at restaurants that we had never visited, she was extremely knowledgable on the history of St. Augustine. It was such an enjoyable time with our family and our new friend Mia. I would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting St Augustine.

1  Thank Ed_Tina070106