“Great place for lunch or dinner”
Review of Bono's Pit Bar-B-Q

Bono's Pit Bar-B-Q
Ranked #254 of 645 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: They have been at this location for 4 years now.(904) 794-9424 ‎
Description: They have been at this location for 4 years now.(904) 794-9424 ‎
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have driven past Bono's for the last few years and have noticed they are always busy at lunch. So last week I decided it was time to give them a try.

Once I entered, the first thing I noticed was the lovely smell of BBQ. On the left they have a large pit where they smoke all of their meat.

I was greeted at the door and quickly seated by the waitress.

For lunch I decided to give their pulled pork sandwich a try along with a side of beans and fries. The pork was excellent with just the right amount of smoke! The beans were also tasty with a bit of pork. The fries were good, but next time I would like to try the sweet potato fries!.

I found the service and the staff excellent. Lunch with tip $12.00

The only negative for me was that the pork was served on toasted white bread (kind of a southern thing). Next time I will ask them to put it on a bun!

I plan to stop in later this week and try their baby back ribs.

They also sell their meat by the pound, great for take out.

You can check out their menu at: www.bonosbarbq.com

Date of visit: May 2012

Reviewed May 26, 2012

This place used to be good, including food and service. However, something has changed and the service is extremely poor and the food is ok. Went there recently and waited at the door to be seated. Then waited at our table without anyone acknowledging us and we finally walked out and drove 5 minutes north to Sonny's BBQ.
I will say if you go and can get a bar seat, sit there. For some reason the service is good with little wait time. It will be a gamble though as others already know this.

Date of visit: May 2012