“Mothers day vacation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Augustine
North Beach Camp Resort
Haines City, Fl
“Mothers day vacation”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I called several times before getting here, their website doesn't do it justice. This place outdid everything I could have expected. Very nice, in an old world way, it was unspoiled real florida and beaches. I loved every minute. The lots are well shaded and large. Very spacious, the pool was hidden and great. The beach was across the street and unspoiled. This place looks like time stood still and very relaxing. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable even with me calling several times before getting here.
I will plan more trips here in the future. And I will always recommend this place to everyone I know for a real Florida experience. Only one thing, if you love to be on your computer alot and in your camper or cabin, The internet isn't there. But that is alright, We are on vacation to be outside and enjoying what gifts God has given us and each others company. The internet is fast and good in the clubhouse. plenty to do here, and you don't have to drive far from anything.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Runt1108

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Florida
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Staff at front office very friendly. Could use some updating on the computers. Registrations are with paper and not very effecient. The campground is right across the street from the ocean and borders on the river. Sites were flat and spacious. The pool was large and swimming in the ocean or river was very convenient. The location was amazing. A quiett park after hours. Lots of shade and trees.
The term resort is used very loosly here. This is not a resort but a campground. A campground in need of repair and upkeep. The hot tub did not work, in one of the showers only the cold water worked. Maintenance needs to repair the broken and dilapitated wooden structures. Many were coming apart leaving large nails protruding. There is a code to get into the bathrooms/laundry but duct tape holds the lock open. Why the code? Bathrooms could be cleaned a little more. The location was awesome and would recommend it for families and couples. Do not expect resort ammenities.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank AineFlorida
Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed here during the Labor Day Weekend with a travel trailer in spot 154 (just 2 spots from the water's edge) First off, let me say that i would definitely come back to this park in the future. Not because it was so great, but because of its location. Not too far from downtown and right on the beach on one side AND a river on the other. It has a nice dock to fish off of and a small "beach" area. I stress small beach! We're talking like, 20-30 feet, if even that much. When I was there, the dock and "beach' area were VERY busy with folks. This is a nice touch from the usual barren campsites I visit. Some seem to just be too damn quiet! Its' nice to hear kids and people just carrying on, as if there were life in the park.
Anyways, the roads are all dirt and yes, I agree with another reviewer that suggested they need more signs to point you in right directions. My girlfriend prefers to use the restroom houses when she can so as to avoid the crampness in the trailer. Well, only because I had the park memorized was I able to tell her where to go for the bathroom, otherwise, it would have been a challenge, since there is no signage pointing you towards it. Also, there is so much brush and greenery, the restroom house doesn't stand out as you'd hope. The park gives you a really good camping feel and it is COMPLETELY dark when the sun sets, which sometimes is a bit unnecessary. Some lighting especially for paths, would be helpful!
As far as the campsite itself, it was very nice, although, the water spickets were leaking all weekend. That was the case with many of the spickets I saw throughout my stay. I only point that out, cause I hate leaky water faucets. The wireless connection was available and worked ALL weekend. This contradicts another reviewers statement about the wireless being unusable. That was not my case. As a matter of fact, remember, if you've seen the layout of the park, my lot number (154) is all the way at the opposite end of the park, than where the office is, and I had a good signal, so there's NOTHING wrong with their access points. I think it was user error on the other person's part.
I can't comment on the bait shop since I didn't use it. I also did NOT use the pool, since I never had time. I was having way too much fun downtown, I couldn't imagine ever needing to set foot inside the pool area. Honestly, that's why I went to St Augustine, for downtown, NOT to use a pool that I could use back home. I don't understand people sometimes. Some people complain about certain things, but isn't the main reason you'd come to a campsite so far from home is to see the sights of the area? Why would you be so concerned if there were a swimming pool? Well,..okay,..maybe if you have kids,...but even if we wanted to use the pool, it was closed by sundown, so it didn't matter anyway, cause we were just getting back to the resort at that time. Personally, the pool at virtually ANY campsite should remain open well into the evening to allow those that get in later in the day, to use those facilities,..but I guess, we're not yet ready for such a major request in the camping community. I mean, we're only 40 yrs old, so there's no need to return from excursions so early in the day. :-)
Anyways, all in all, this park rates very well with me. I mean,..folks, we're not talking about a 5 star hotel here......it's a campsite,....a place to call home for a few hours of the day,....then you're outta there. You should already EXPECT dirt, dust, mosquitoes,.....therefore, chill out with the senseless rantings about how awful this,..or that is! See ya!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jmccluskey
Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 4, 2013

You have the river on the backside of the campground and public acess to the beach accross the street. All amenties you could want including a nice lobby/library, which we never had the time to enjoy. The restrooms were clean. The laundry room was decent. Yes, lot's of sand all around that will make a mess of your trailer, but you know, it's on the beach, right? Staff was professional and friendly. We would defenitely be back. Great for dogs.

2 Thank Troy G
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a wonderful RV Resort that offers an old Florida feel. The park is beautifully wooded with native trees and plants. Most sites have ample privacy provided by the well maintained vegetation. The pool, basketball court and playground doesn't look shiny and new. However, it won't hamper a good time for kids and adults. The ocean across the street from the resort and the river in the backyard will allow for hours of entertainment. The sites of St. Augustine are a short and convenient drive with several restaurants in easy walking distance of the resort. We're hoping to return this summer and stay longer than our first three day trip.

1 Thank Leah T
Springdale, Arkansas
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We have camped here three years in a row, in March for three weeks. The campsites are large and shady, the staff is helpful and friendly, and the location is Ideal. Atlantic beach across the highway, in front, North river in the back. There are three excellent restaurants within walking distance, Aunt Kate's is casual, old Florida, Cap's is upscale modern seafood, and the Reef is ocean front fine dining, with a fine Sunday brunch. The grounds have a pool, basketball courts, shuffleboard, kids playground, and a very nice club house. Old St Augustine is ten minutes away, but far enough that you aren't bothered by crowds. P.S. Don't tell anybody!

Room Tip: We like the premium pull through sites, near the beach.