“Beautiful sites with lots of privacy”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in St. Augustine
North Beach Camp Resort
Key Largo, Florida
“Beautiful sites with lots of privacy”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 3 weeks and loved it! It is situated on the river side of the road but it has quick and easy access to the beach. There is lots of privacy and huge canopy trees for tons of shade. There are two restaurants on property and we did not get the chance to try them but I heard great things about them both. Non of the sites are paved but from what we experienced they were pretty level. Can't wait to get back here!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Ashley M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Ballston Lake, New York
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We've stopped here almost a dozen times during the past 7 years. We visit in late October or early December and again in the early spring. It's our first and last Florida "stop" on our annual RV trip south from New York. Obviously the place pleases. We love the lush, indigenous landscaping, the somewhat primitive look and feel to the place, the proximity to both the river and the ocean, the convenience to a fab town, and that there are two good restaurants (often with evening entertainment) on the property. We are seldom here during "pool" season but have recently come to realize that the "hot tub" isn't; but that doesn't matter! We find the staffing friendly and helpful. We always get a pull through site and 50 amp service. We don't use the camp bathhouse or rest room facilities; but we find the laundry to be totally adequate. We've come back year after year and will continue to do so.

Room Tip: Site 22 and neighboring sites are great - canopy of trees, close to the beach, great "natural l...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JoanneWes
Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed at North Beach twice, most recently June 2012 after being chased away from the Gulf by a tropical storm. Such a beautiful place with the old curly trees. The campsites have much greenery between them giving plenty of privacy, while still having lots of room. The bathhouses are quite adequate (I mean this IS a campground, not the Ritz). They do clean them regularly as I found myself having to wait a few times to get in, which didn't bother me since that meant that they WERE being cleaned daily. The pool was also nice to have if you want to take a break from the ocean. While this campground isn't directly on the beach, it is a short (I mean really short) walk across the street. The best sites depend on what you want to do, since it also has a river on the other end, from which you can launch your boat or fish. I prefer to stay near the front, which is a few steps from the main building, pool, and beach. The beach is never crowded. It is strictly for North Beach guests and the surrounding beach houses (there aren't any hotels or anything). Great beach if you want to get away from the high rises of the more popular beaches (Daytona, PCB). While it is away from the action, it is just a short drive into St. Augustine and Publix in Vilano Beach is just down the road. Very friendly staff working the front, as most people know, campers are among some of the most friendly people you will find.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank happycamper8411
Neptune Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is a beautiful campground. Close to two very good restaurants if you don't feel like cooking. The hot tub attached to the pool is not a hot tub at all. Just a small bubbling pool. But the pool is very nice and it is handicap accessible. However, the people at check in are soem of the most unpleasant people I have ever encountered. Perhaps they dislike their jobs and maybe it is time to re-think those employees. It is not just one it is the entire staff. It would seem the owners would want happy, pleasant people greeting the customers. This is definitely NOT the case. I have heard from some other campers who love North Beach but will not return because of the staff.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank BAMKAM
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed here during the Labor Day Weekend with a travel trailer in spot 154 (just 2

spots from the water's edge) First off, let me say that i would definitely come back

to this park in the future. NOt because it was so great, but because of its location.

Not too far from downtown and right on the beach on one side AND a river on the other.

It has a nice dock to fish off of and a small "beach" area. I stress small beach!

When I was there, the dock and "beach' area were VERY busy with folks. This is a nice

touch from the usual barren campsites I visit. Some seem to just be too damn quiet!

Its' nice to hear kids and people just carrying on, as if there were life in the park.
Anyways, the roads are all dirt and yes, I agree with another reviewer that suggested

they need more signs to point you in right directions. My girlfriend prefers to use

the restroom houses when she can so as to avoid the crampness in the trailer. Well,

only because I had the park memorized was I able to tell her where to go for the

bathroom, otherwise, it would have been a challenge, since there is no signage

pointing you towards it. Alos, there is so much brush and greenery, it doesn't stand

out as you'd hope. The park gives you a really good camping feel and it is COMPLETELY

dark when the sunsets, which sometimes is a bit unnecessary. Some lighting especially

for paths, would be helpful!
As far as the campsite itself, it was very nice, although, the water spickets were

leaking all weekend. That was the case with many of the spickets I saw throughout my

stay. I only point that out, cause I hate leaky water faucets. The wireless connection

was available and worked ALL weekend. This contradicts another reviewers statement

about the wireless being unusable. That was not my case. As a matter of fact,

remember, if you've seen the layout of the park, my lot number (154) is all the way at

the opposite end of the park, than where the office is, and I had a good signal, so

there's NOTHING wrong with their access points. i think it was user error on the

other person's part.
I can't comment on the bait shop since I didn't use it. I also did NOT use the pool,

since I never had time. I was having way too much fun downtown, I couldn't imagine

ever needing to set foot inside the pool area. Honestly, that's why I went to St

Augustine, for downtown, NOT to use a pool that I could use back home. I don't

understand people sometimes. Some people complain about certain things, but isn't the

main reason you'd come to a campsite so far from home is to see the sights of the

area? Why would you be so concerned if there were a swimming pool?

Well,..okay,..maybe if you have kids,...but even if we wanted to use the pool, it was

closed by sundown, so it didn't matter anyway, cause we were just getting back to the

resort at that time. Personally, the pool at virtually ANY campsite should remain

open well into the evening to allow those that get in late, can use those

facilities,..but I guess, we're not yet ready for such a major request in the camping

community. I mean, we're only 40 yrs old, so there's no need to return from excursions

so early in the day. :-)
Anyways, all in all, this park rates very well with me. I mean,..folks, we're not

talking about a 5 star hotel here......it's a campsite,....a place to call home for a

few hours of the day,....then you're outta there. You should already EXPECT dirt,

dust, mosquitoes,.....therefore, chill out with the senseless rantings about how awful

this,..or that is! See ya!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jmccl2005
Adel GA
Reviewed August 13, 2012

our first trip around june was GREAT i did not think i would ever go to another, north florida camp ground.it has the beach, a pool, and the river right there, the restrooms/bath house is out dated ,but loved it i have recomended to everyone i know and they were excited about the info i gave them ... we decided to return for another week, booking on the phone could not really get a site i requested a pull through...THE WORST THING my wife locked the keys in the camper along with EVERYTHING else. i had a spare truck key no phone or billfold license..... i got to the office and soon as i open the door (at 8:05) was told THEY WERE CLOSED (at 8:00) i explained what happened she gave me a number to Pop-A Lock I told her i had no way to call she said I HAVE ALREADY SHUT THE PHONES DOWN I AM SORRY.......I really could not believe what i heard the was an example of the poorest service so i drove to PUBLICS store and was allowed to use the phone. this trip there was feces smeared on the restroom wall, nothing like our first trip.. i was told at sign in since i was staying 6 days i would get the 7 day free but could not use my Good Sam discount, but i told her i did not know if i could stay 7. but after 6 days we had enough and packed up first thing in the AM (8:00) they would not give the Good Sam discount, and that was ok and i did not really expect them to from the way they (personal ) had been...... I WILL LOOK FOR ANOTHER CAMPING RESORT NEXT GO AROUND and i really hate to say that....love the resort but VERy poor service..... and i will now have to tell this story to my friends before they go...at least it will not be a suprise if they do go...

Room Tip: Do not expect any help from staff.all but 2 were rude
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Darren P
Port St Lucie, FL
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The camp sites are a nice size and ours lot 79 was very shady and private. Great location. RIght across from the beach and intercostal waterway. Bath houses were adequate. It was easy to get our 28 ft trailer in and out of. Pool was also nice.

• Stayed August 2012