“Amazing!”

Inn at Camachee Harbor
Ranked #22 of 30 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 18, 2006

It was amazing. The people were friendly, the room was awesome. I took my boyfriend there for his birthday hoping that it would be a good hotel and it surpassed my expectations. The rooms were clean and huge, and can hold more than 2 people. Nice sitting area in room for dinner. We didn't get a chance to eat at the restaurant that they had because we only stayed one night. It's tucked away from everything so it's nice and quiet, but it's also still very close to all the action about 5 mins. away. It's nice for a weekend getaway. We're going back for 1 week in march and we can't wait!

• Stayed: October 2005
8  Thank heatherm1987
There are newer reviews for Inn at Camachee Harbor

Oberlin Ohio
Reviewed November 13, 2005

I recently stayed at the Inn at Camachee Harbor for the second time in two years. The property continues to improve and the staff is better than ever.
I stayed both times in Suite 29 upstairs, which I prefer because it is an end unit and thus is a bit larger, and has more windows and light, plus it has two balconies with sunrise AND sunset water views.
There is a new restaurant on the property called Kingfish Grill that is casual and good, with views of the marina. Much better than the rather tired restaurant it replaced, this one now has bright decor, professional staff and good food. It has a package store, too, so you can buy a bottle of wine to take back to your room, which is a nice feature.
Other people have commented that this is an out-of-the-way place and a hidden gem. It's true. Off the tourist path but still convenient to the Ye Olde Towne sights, shopping, eateries, etc., and the beach, too. The immediate area is great for taking a long walk or jog along the marina and marshes. There is a decent, homey little breakfast and lunch eatery here, too. Nice hotel, comfortable, scenic, quiet and a very good deal.

Stayed: October 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 24, 2005

My husband and I and another couple just spent last weekend at the Inn. Truly - it's a great little place and well worth the price of the rooms. We stayed in #27 - harbor view suite. It had a gorgeous screened in porch on one side, then bedroom, bath, living room, and then the balcony overlooking the harbor which connected to our friend's balcony on room #26. Very big for 2 people - 4 could easily stay comfortably. We have no complaints about the Inn itself. Donna was extremely gracious and knowledgeable and made us feel right at home as soon as we checked in. It was our friend's 25th anniversary and while we were unpacking, Donna snuck up to their screened in porch and left an anniversary card - very nice touch. And of course, St. Augustine itself is a great place to walk around and explore. Donna called us a taxi to get downtown and we were there in 5 minutes. We will absolutely stay there every time we go to St. A. Unfortunately, I do have one warning, which has nothing to do with the Inn itself. On their website, Amanda, the property manager, advertises a little business she has called "More Hours in a Day". She does kind of a consierge thing - she'll do gift packages, etc. Since it was our friend's anniversary - I asked for a fruit basket to be in their room upon our arrival. Before we got there, I confirmed with Amanda on the price of the basket, that it was to be charged to my room (obviously), and also asked if she could arrange a carriage ride for us. She emailed back confirming the details of the basket and said she'd get back with me regarding the carriage ride. Well, when we arrived, the fruit basket was in our friend's room. I guess I should be thankful for that. However, the cost was $10 more than quoted and believe it or not, it was charged to their room instead of mine!!!! How tacky and how embarrassing!!! I ended up having to give our friends cash to cover the charge. Also - Amanda never bothered to get back with me about the carriage ride. And to add insult to injury, upon our return, I emailed Amanda and told her about my disappointment in her service, and she hasn't even bothered to email me back with an explanation or an apology!! So, although the Inn is GREAT, I would definitely recommend that you NOT use Amanda's service. She can not be trusted with the details of your precious vacation.

• Stayed: August 2005
14  Thank ThugWatcher
Reviewed April 29, 2005

1. Individually owned units means each suite is allegedly a bit different. Ours (#10) was a very large split-level with close-up harbour view and a huge private patio (but with minimal food prep facilities).
2. Inn is pretty much a do-it-yourself undertaking with minimal staff involvement. Which we liked.
3. Close to old town (website (----) says 5 min.), but not really pedestrian-friendly.
4. Still, a nice, safe-feeling area away from tourist traps, panhandlers, etc.
5. Boo!: Website (----) says "High Speed Wireless internet in every room." I guess that's technically true. But it ain't free. You have to pay for WiFi access broadcast in the marina area to the tune of $11-something per day. This cost ‘em a bullet in my book.
6. Nevertheless, if you can swing it, Saint Augustine is the place to stay if you have biz in NE Florida.
7. And if you don't need to be on the freeway offramp or the midst of the hipster scene, consider the Inn at Camachee Harbor at anything less than $125.

• Stayed: April 2005
10  Thank Buckminster_Fievre
Tallahassee, FL
Reviewed April 10, 2005

Being from North Florida, St. Augustine is our weekend getaway. Before it was the old architecture, the warm ocean breeze, and spanish influence of the area that drew us to the town, but now it's the Inn at Camachee Harbor! Donna and her staff made us feel right at home. We had two differents durning our stay. The first night we were in a harbor view room, with a queen bed, and the second night we had the jacuzzi suite. Both rooms were clean and comfortable with a deck and stunning view over the marina. You could leave your sliding glass door open and have the ocean breeze float in your room while you watch boats come in and listen to the clanking of ropes against the mast. There were tons of boats, my boyfriend loved it. The deck was even big enough for us to setup a little portable grill, and cook hamburgers. The rooms were large and comfortable. Both had a little couch, which folded out into a pull out bed, a mini-fridge, etc. The jacuzzi was nice and relaxing, you could sit back and look out over the harbor. The Inn isn't very far from downtown St. Augustine, about 5mins from the action. It's tucked away from the crowds. The Inn has become a new reason to get away. It was absolutely relaxing and I enjoyed every moment of our stay. Thank you so much for everything Donna, I'll be back in a couple of weeks!!!!

Stayed: April 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 25, 2005

... as a matter of fact, we extended our stay an extra day! The Camachee Inn is charming, quiet, relaxing - how many adjectives can I use to describe this delightful inn!? From the moment we walked into the lobby and we were warmly greeted by Donna, we felt "at home". She cheerfully honored our every request (extra pillows, blankets). Our room was CLEAN and spacious, large enough to accommodate 4 adults, had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker - and the BEST part was the deck overlooking the harbor! Each morning I enjoyed coffee on the deck and watched the seagulls and pelicans and listened to the "symphony" of birds. We also observed the fishing boats coming in and out of the harbor and talked to some friendly "captains". Our husbands traveled back and forth to Daytona for races, and we two ladies explored St. Augustine by the Red Train trolly (that's another positive review!) For a mere $18 we had a 3-day train pass to get around downtown getting off an on unlimited times! A courtesy van picked us up at the inn to take us to the train station in the historic downtown and brought us back when we were ready so we didn't need a car. Neither of us ever felt "unsafe" or nervous being alone a lot of the time - everyone we encountered was wonderful. Peerce's was closed the night we arrived, so Donna recommended either Fiddler's Green or Cap's on the Water for dinner. They were both a short drive across the bridge, so we tried them both and they were both outstanding and they both have great views of the water. She also steered us to The Bunnery in St. Augustine where we ate such delicious (huge!) cinnamon rolls that we had to stop on our way out of town to get some more!

Back to the Camachee Harbor Inn - this is indeed a hidden jewel - away from the hustle and bustle of downtown, but close enough to venture out when you want, and a quiet sanctuary when you return. We are already planning our next trip to St. Augustine and we all agree that we will stay at the Camachee Inn. I really felt as though I had a relaxing VACATION - it was the best! Thank you Donna and the rest of the staff at the inn.

• Stayed: February 2005
16  Thank abqwolfe
Pike Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed February 16, 2005

We can't wait to go back. The staff was very friendly and went above and beyond to help us with all kinds of things. We had forgotten our wireless internet card so they located one for us to borrow, my husband started coming down with a cold and the next morning there was a small unopened jar of Vitamin C sitting with a note on it "hope your feeling better". WOW

They are pet friendly and non-smoking, not all the units are pet friendly. We stayed in one that was and we wouldn't have known it except there was a jar of treats on the counter in the lobby. We only got to stay a short while but when we go back to St. Augustine we will be staying there.

The place is very small 19 units, but the rooms are spacious. Ours had a balcony overlooking the marina, it was beautiful. It looked like most of them had a view of some sort. We requested to see one of the kitchenette units for our next visit and my goodness if your staying for a few days those rooms would be perfect, too big for our two night stay but next time we'll try one out.

Snapped a couple pictures but it's hard to catch so much charm in a picture.

19  Thank A TripAdvisor Member