“A Hidden Gem”

Inn at Camachee Harbor
Ranked #21 of 31 St. Augustine B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 20, 2012

When we went to the Inn at Camachee Harbor, we honestly weren't expecting much, only hoping for at least a partial view of the water from our room (apparently a rare commodity in St. Augustine), and when we got there, it didn't look like much from the outside, it just looked like a small, older hotel tucked in beside a strip mall, but once you're checked in (by the very nice girl who's name escapes me, but she was blonde) you see that they were saving all the opulence for behind the scenes. Once you enter the room, well, shocked is the only word. We had an amazing lofted room with a sitting area, microwave, refrigerator, closet and bathroom on the upper lever, and on the lower level, there's the bed, balcony, and tv (a 32 inch flat-screen, even though they only advertise 19 inch tvs. That's one thing you learn staying at the Inn, they understate themselves at every turn, they aren't flashy, but modest about everything they have, it's refreshing). The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. My girlfriend and I are on opposite ends of the spectrum as far as beds, she loves super soft beds and I prefer firm beds, but we both agreed that the bed at the inn was great and we were both able to get a great night's rest.
Now, I've saved the best part for last. We walked into the room and were happy with everything, but then we opened the blinds to the balcony and were greeted with the harbor, which doesn't necessarily sound like much, but it's so hard to put into words. The balcony was mere feet above the water, and the sunset above the harbor is just fantastic. The only complaint I have is that there was a bush partially blocking your view (though, being at the ground level, I can understand some people being more concerned about privacy, so it's not really a big deal, I personally just would have preferred to not have it there). So, in short, the room was great.
Another instance of the Inn understating themselves is at breakfast. They say they have a continental breakfast (which, maybe I've become jaded by the Comfort Inns and Best Westerns, but I always assume to mean a little bar area with some bagels, orange juice, and if you're lucky, maybe some bacon), but what they really have is free breakfast at the restaurant next door. They give you a coupon with 4 options on it: French toast with sausage or bacon, pancakes with sausage or bacon, eggs with toast and sausage or bacon, and a bagel and fruit (if you're into that).
When checkout came around, we just didn't want to leave, but we had to move on (to our "resort" in Orlando, which was a fraction of the quality of the Inn, and twice as expensive) we'll definitely be coming back next time we're in the area

1  Thank sharp1e
Camachee, Manager at Inn at Camachee Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2012

This is one of the most in depth reviews we've ever seen, and we cannot overstate how much we enjoyed reading it! This was such an incredible description of our Inn, location setting, and amenities. Thank you so very much for the amazing review, and we hope we will see you again soon!!

Reviewed May 17, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Camachee Harbor for the first time a couple of weeks ago (May 2012), and were stunned when we walked in with the beautiful view of white yachts in the harbor just off our balcony. The room (#10) was well laid out and decorated, the furniture very nice. Everything was clean. We had so much to go see in St. Augustine, but it was hard to not to just sit on the big balcony and enjoy the harbor! The staff at the inn were pleasant and helpful, and we enjoyed going next door to Fishtails cafe every morning for our complimentary breakfast--they were nice, too, and the food was good. We were very sad to leave after four days there.

Room Tip: The harbor view is really worth a little more money. Room 10 is especially nice because it's on...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Camachee, Manager at Inn at Camachee Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

Our inn has such an enviable location, being right on the stunning Camachee Island Marina, and we are so glad you enjoyed that! Thank you so very much for the wonderful comments in your review. We're sorry you had to leave, too, but that means you'll just have to come back and see us soon!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I have stayed here (in Room 21) on 2 different occassions and have loved it. It is definitely our go-to place to stay when we visit St. Augustine for a weekend getaway because we know the service and quality is consistent. The room is spacious with an amazaing harbor view and you can actually see the lighthouse from the front door! It's very pet friendly and Lily (our dog) is always welcomed with a smile and pat and there are grassy areas to take your pooch to pee/poo. Rhonda was especially friendly and offered to show us some of the other unoccupied rooms for future visits which also looked clean and comfy. The amenities you get by staying here make the trip worthwhile (tv, dvd player, fridge, microwave, free breakfast). It's also only about a 3-5 minute drive to historic St. Augustine so it's quiet. Our absolute favorite part of the Inn though is the SHEETS! They are the most comfy, soft, sheets we have ever slept on. We get the best nights sleep when we stay here because the bed (and sheets) are just so comfy. I highly recommend staying here and we will definitely return! Thanks!

2  Thank princesszha

We all love pets here at the Inn at Camachee, and are proud to be considered by our guests to be one of the cleanest, most reasonable pet-friendly accommodations in Saint Augustine! Let us thank you for all the lovely comments on our inn, particularly on our fabulous sheets (definitely one of our best investments!). We look forward to seeing all three of you again soon!!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

My husband and I wanted to get away for aour 1st weeding anniversay and lt me tell you it is not easy to find a nice, special place that is pet friendly as we wanted to take our dog with us.
The Inn far exceeded our expecations, teh people were more than friendly, the room was very nice with an amazing view. THe restaraunt near by was also pet friendly and the food was great! THe prices were also more the reasonable for our stay.
When I got home I realised that I left my favorite bathing suit in the bathroom. My husband called and they already had it ready to ship out to us. I would highly reccomend teh Inn adn we will be returning often.

Room Tip: Just about allrooms have a marina view except for two I think but you can easily look at the rooms a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

We are so happy that you had such a wonderful experience here! We absolutely love having couples here to celebrate anniversaries, be it 1st or 50th. It is such a special experience to help couples be able to get away from the world, relax, and enjoy each other on our peaceful marina setting. We're especially happy we made it possible to bring your puppy on this special occasion!

PS - Hope the swim suit arrived okay!

Reviewed May 2, 2012

My husband and i found this place a year ago because it was listed as a pet friendly Inn what a wonderful find it was! It is clean, accomodating and the view is just beautiful as most rooms are of the harbor. This is a home away from home for us and we plan on driving up here 2-3 x a year if even for a night or two. We only live 2 hrs away and look forward to the days when we can come up and just relax, our dogs love it as well. Kingfish Grill is right there in the back of the Inn and has a wonderful menu as well as the Fish Tail general store located in front of the Inn here you can get a free breakfast daily courtesy of Camachee Inn. Go and try this place out you will not be sorry.

Room Tip: no fitness room but you are here to relax who needs working out, if you need excercise you can walk...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Camachee, Manager at Inn at Camachee Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2012

What a fantastic review! Nothing gives us more satisfaction as a team than hearing that our guests have a good time while they're here. We love being a pet friendly establishment, and take pride in how clean and fresh we keep our rooms. Thank you for choosing our Inn here in beautiful Saint Augustine, and we look forward to seeing you and your husband again soon!

Reviewed May 1, 2012

I cant say enough about how much we enjoyed our stay at this beautiful clean convenient hotel.as much as we enjoyed our trip the room was actually the highlight of our trip.we stayed in suite 22 it was beautiful the view was awesome and we were worried the boats would be loud and keep us up but not at all.the manager at the front desk was so nice and helpful she saved us a ton of money on tickets to attractions.breakfast at fishtales was great way better than typical hotel breakfast.5min to free parking in town for the trolley or train 5min the other direction to free parking at or on vilano beach.my wife and i will be back every year for our anniversary. We loved it.

• Stayed: April 2012
Camachee, Manager at Inn at Camachee Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

We truly cannot thank you enough for your wonderful review! It gives us great pride to hear that we helped make someone's stay so enjoyable; that's why we're here! We really look forward to seeing you both again for your anniversary, and will continue to do anything and everything we can to make your trips to Saint Augustine everything they can be!

Reviewed April 25, 2012

My long-time friend and I were planning a reunion weekend in St. Augustine and since we were both on a budget it seemed that cheap hotels near the old city were our only options, and not very good ones at that. I found Camachee Harbor completely by accident, and I'm so very glad I did! For a few dollars more, my friend and I stayed in a very clean room with a balcony overlooking the marina. There was plenty of space for the two of us, although the layout of the bathroom was a bit funky. David, at the front desk, was helpful in many ways and happily answered any of our questions. The restaurant next door, The Kingfish Grill, had excellent food and a decent wine list. We took a cab to the downtown area on Saturday morning; it was a 5 minute ride and cost about 8 bucks. The Inn is close enough to allow you to be tourists and yet is not part of the downtown hotel pricing. The breakfast that was included with the reservation was at a little place next door to the inn; there are limited choices but the food is decent. The Inn is a place where I will stay again!

Room Tip: All of the rooms have a great view of the marina.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Camachee, General Manager at Inn at Camachee Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Thank you so much for the great review! We like to boast that we are just off the beaten path, while still being so close to shopping and excitement in downtown Saint Augustine, and we are so glad that you enjoyed that. Saint Augustine has so much to offer, and it sounds like you made the best of your short visit. We certainly hope to see you again soon!