“Great staff!!”

Super 8 St. Augustine
Ranked #69 of 79 Hotels in St. Augustine
“Great staff!!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I stay at this particular hotel often! The staff are great! The prices are. great and the location is great! I have booked both queen size and king size and both are nice. The king size rooms face the pool area which is convenient. The pool area is clean and a nice size. I will be back and I encourage everyone to try super 8 in Saint Augustine, FL on state road 16!!!

• Stayed July 2014
gordon c, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 St. Augustine, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for your review and your continued support .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 16, 2014

I can and have stayed in some flee bag hotels but this place needs to be reported. Thin walls I was able to hear the next door neighbor fart. No joke it is true. That and hearing him yell all night at his screeming kid. I am understanding, people have kids. After a bit I realized this is one of those rent for week hotels and realized I am not in the safest place. So I went to take a shower and it would appear that they put a liner over an old tub and water had gotten between the two. No lie or exaduration it was like standing on a waterbed. After about 2 minutes in the shower, I noticed a very strong rotten egg hair perm type smell making me gasp for air. I think the water between the tub and liner had spoiled or somthing. So no sleep from the noise and smell and fear of getting my car robbed but at least the roof did not leak on me. I would recommend staying clear of this place even at the low price.

Room Tip: Find another place to stay
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
gordon c, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 St. Augustine, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
We do regret that your stay at our hotel was not a super one.The issue that you brought to our regarding the bath tub has been dealt with as for noise and security we will look further into those situation as we have not had these issues before.Thank you for your review

Travelers are raving about these St. Augustine hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We had reservations at another hotel that was so bad we could not stay. After driving 16 hours we were now searching for a hotel for our 9 day stay. Welcome to super 8 ! They found us a room, worked with us on our budgeted price, and got us checked in quickly. It's not the Ritz by any stretch of the imagination, but it is a pleasant place to stay. Very friendly staff, clean rooms, and comfortable beds, what more can you ask for?. Any concerns that we had during our stay were quickly and completely taken care of. The " breakfast " is very nice, with a variety of items. And always ready by 6:00 a.m. The location could not be better, with the outlets literally next door, a top notch golf course 10 minutes away, and just a quick drive into historic st augustine. I'm sure you could find fault with any place you stay, but overall, our experience at the super 8 was a pleasant one. You really should consider this place for your next stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for writing this review and it is with great pleasure that we were able to accommodate you at our hotel.Do come again!!
Michigan
Reviewed June 27, 2014

It's the more budget friendly Super 8 in St. Augustine, away from the beaches and near I-95. It suits the purpose of a clean and comfy room, minus a fridge and microwave.
It has a pool which appeared lively with guests, but I didn't venture into it.
It allows pets, and yapping was heard right down the hall from my room, but it didn't keep me awake.
Parking seems a little crowded, especially with a semi-trailer taking up many parking spots. It looks like it's used for storage.
Breakfast had the do-it-yourself waffles which are great, but the tasty lil cinnamon rolls were missing. Maybe they were out?
Front desk staff was always pleasant and easy to deal with.
No problems here, would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
gordon c, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 St. Augustine, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
We do appreciate the time taken to write this review .We are currently making updates to our rooms and do hope to see you again when we complete these updates.As for the cinnamon rolls there was a late delivery and we will make sure that doesn't happen again,for that please accept our apologies.Thank you for staying with us.
Cave City
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

I checked in around 3am to find the doors locked. The night guy appeared from his car in the parking lot. I can only assume he was napping. A little unprofessional but no big deal I guess. I'm glad I'm not the one paying him.

I prepaid through super8. The night clerk asked me for my credit card for an "imprint" since I paid online. I asked why and he stated it was company policy. I refused that immediately. He began to argue a bit, and said, "what if you break the TV?". I said that the Super8 company I paid through has more than enough of my info to track me down if I manage to break your $50 TV from 1987. He has absolutely NO business taking an imprint of my card unless he intends to use it for nefarious purposes. Sorry there, broseph.. I was born at night but not last night! No other places I have stayed ever asked for my card. My ID yes, but not my card.

Now onto the room itself. It was not bad. Could use some updating, but it was way better than a lot of other places. The beds were a little on the springy side and could stand to be replaced. The shower was decent. The coffee maker was not useable due to cleanliness. Fortunately there is a Dunkin right down the street. No one ever came to remake the room or take the trash in the 3 nights I stayed. It didn't bother me just because I would rather keep strangers out of my little bubble, but it could be a concern for most others.

Breakfast consisted of cereal, pastries, and a make-it-yourself waffle iron. Of course there were the standard beverages. Check out was a breeze and the day clerk was not at all as shady as the night guy. Overall, I probably wouldn't stay here again just because I know I can do way better at this price point.

• Stayed June 2014
gordon c, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 St. Augustine, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and writing this review.We did have a late delivery of cinnamon rolls,for that we apologize. We do hope to see us again,thank you.
Wildwood, Missouri
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was an unplanned, 'quicky' trip to St. Augustine. We had no reservations and had to find a place conveniently located to a hospital. We were beat, this was close and they had a room available. The room smelled like mildew and sorely needed updating. Bathroom sink dripped. Second night there, at 9:15PM, the front desk called to tell us we had to evacuate to another building because a water main had broken and there was danger of a sinkhole. We had been on the 1st floor and we were told the only room available to move to was on the 2nd floor. No elevator and we had a ton of stuff to move. I called the front desk back and asked if anyone could help us. Someone came immediately and lugged EVERYTHING for us. We were so grateful! When we were checking out a few days later, we asked for help again and two people showed up and helped us pack everything in our car.
Sooo.....bottom line is that although the accommodations were less than desirable, the staff was fantastic!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
gordon c, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 St. Augustine, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
We have looked at this review and we have come to the conclusion that this is not our hotel.We have not had any water main broke in recent history.However thank you for your review.