St. George Inn
Best Western St. Augustine Beach Inn(Saint Augustine Beach)(Great Value!)
$120
Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$101
  • Restaurant
$173
$157
  • Pool
Southern Oaks Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$89
$152
Hampton.com
Jaybird's Inn(St. Augustine)(Great Value!)
$119
$115
Orbitz.com
Holiday Isle Oceanfront Resort(Saint Augustine Beach)
$110
Orbitz.com
All reviewssanta mariaparking garagerocking chairsbagelsperfect locationseveral buildingsyour luggageold townpeople watchshared balconythird floorbalcony overlookingroom was largeceiling fanno elevatorcoffee makerfort
Reviewed July 16, 2007

My husband and I spent a weekend in St. Augustine for a friend's wedding and really enjoyed the St. George Inn. We stayed in the 2-story suite in front of the school house, right on the main drag of the touristy downtown and across the street from the Fort. We found it to be very convenient and loved that we were just steps from where everything was happening. I don't remember the area being particularly noisy and don't recall the sound of a school bell. Though we visited in May and it was hot so our A/C was running which may have drowned out the noise. I would definitely recommend the St. George Inn if you want to be surrounded by all the action. The room was cozy and had been remodeled so everything was up-to-date and clean. The bed comfortable as was the bathroom. The only thing I would have added was a full-length mirror somewhere in the bedroom.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KMurphy
Reviewed July 9, 2007

Having some time between jobs I decided to visit a friend in the area, and booked at the inn for the location. Although busy with tourists, as can be expected, it rained my entire stay! And, after having golf and sailing cancelled, I decided to take a nap, or so I thought. Please, if you are looking for peace and relative quiet, do not book a room on the school house side of the inn. Although it was nice to see the Oldest school house in America, it also comes with the oldest and loudest school bell in America, rung multiple times by the bus loads of students that drop by from 9-5pm. I would definitely stay again, but away from tourist row.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled solo
3  Thank captain323
Reviewed June 29, 2007

My wife and I spent 2 nights at the St. George Inn in mid June 2007. The main feature of the hotel is its location. You are across the street from the fort and close to all of the shops and restaurants.

The room was just average, but very clean and comfortable. It can be a little noisy because it is right in the middle of the main tourist shopping areas.

The innkeeper and staff did try to be accommodating and helpful.

The continental breakfast was disappointing. There continental breakfast does not come up to par with Hampton Inns or other such chains.

I didn't observe any better accommodations in the immediate area, so if you want to be close to everything this would probably be your best choice.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank scubapilot
Reviewed June 26, 2007

My wife, 9 yr old son and I spent 2 nights at the St. George Inn in late June 2007. As the other reviewers have indicated, this is a fine hotel. The location couldn't be better, as our particular room had a terrace looking out at the Castillo de San Marcos fort. We were able to walk down the main drag of St. Augustine to restaurants and shops and return to our room when we were tired.

The room itself was larger than I expected and nicely appointed. The only minor drawback was that our room was located directly above a gathering point for one of the ghost tours, and at times it got a little noisy but nothing too bad. If you go to St. Augustine, you need to expect this sort of thing.

The innkeeper and staff were very nice and accomodating and made for an overall very pleasant stay. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are planning a visit to St. Augustine.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank TourneyTraveler
Reviewed June 22, 2007

wonderful people, unique hotel, perfect location! It has the character of a B&B with all the amenities you want in a modern hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)