1,013 results
All reviewssanta mariaparking garagerocking chairsbagelsperfect locationseveral buildingsyour luggageold townpeople watchshared balconythird floorbalcony overlookingroom was largeno elevatorcoffee makerfortschoolhouse
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I recently spent the weekend at the St. George Inn with 5 of my high school girlfriends. What an amazing place!! The rooms were great, French doors opened to a balcony overlooking the Oldest School House and the front overlooked the court yard. Our rooms were above a few of the quaint shops that are everywhere in the historic part of the city. Hard to resist the ice cream/candy store and the wonderful Perks coffee shop. Lots of tables on the court yard where we enjoyed the continental breakfast both mornings. The greatest thing about the Inn was the staff. If you required something, someone was there within minutes; always with a smile and lots of energy! The location couldn't have been better. If you like to walk and explore or hop on the trolley, you could satisfy every desire. We had excellent meals at A1A and the Columbia Restuarants. Just a perfect trip!!

Room Tip: Rooms 15 and 16 had French doors to shared balcony, very roomy rooms for two people each.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cy B
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I was very pleased with this hotel. It has the best location at the beginning of St George Street. We never had to move the car (which was parked 2 blocks away in public parking garage - one of the few negatives for this hotel). Since there is no parking you do have to park in the median and unload your luggage in the street but the staff is very quick to help with this. The Fort is directly across the street and most of the other sites are also within walking distance. The only reason I did not give this hotel a 5 star is that the tile floors in the room were not clean and our feet and/or socks were black from walking in the room. However, the rest of the room was very clean. They also service a light breakfast each morning in the lobby which was very nice.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I will not bore you with repeat comments about how good this hotel is… because everyone else has already done this and they are right.

Will I go back to St. George Inn? Absolutely?

Is it worth the money? Absolutely.

Did we enjoy the stay? Absolutely.

Will we retire in Saint Augistine?? Don’t have the answer to this yet… but it will be one of the short straws.

Loved the location and also loved the location. Did I mention I loved the location? Not only the Location of St Augustine, but the location of St. George Inn and the location of our room at St. Georges. We were right on St. George Street. Talk about people watching… right from our balcony. It was such a relaxing stay.

My wife and I was winding down a whirlwind, 1 week trip from Jacksonville to Charleston, SC, Myrtle Beach, Savanna and then wanted to relax for a day or so in Saint Augustine. Never been to any of these towns before. We are looking for a place to get away from our home in Wisconsin in the winters when we retire. (Thus the whirlwind tour) Loved every one of the other towns… but for friendliness, small town atmosphere and relaxing enjoyment… you could not get better than this. I felt I was back in friendly little New Glarus Wisconsin except it was about 40 degrees warmer and sunny!

The only negatives I have was
• There were very small patches on the walls to the drywall that was not painted.
• We woke up early and evidently were the first to take a shower. It took about 3-4 minutes of running the hot water to get it hot. It was hot when it came… but we were wondering if it ever would show up.
• There was no place to put items around the sink while getting ready other than in a different area of the room. (i.e. Comb, shaving cream, razor, makeup etc) All you had was a sink & mirror in that area.

Is it still worth the money? Absolutely! But when paying premium prices, I would think that the owners would pay a little more attention to the details. They have done such a great job already, why not spend another few hundred dollars and make it perfect.

I cannot mark the St. Georges Inn down much for the above because of the location. It is fabulous.

It was a memorable stay.

1  Thank DreamingOfTravel55
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I have reviewed this property before but feel compelled to praise them yet again. Great location inside the historic area with comfortable and well appointed accommodations but that is not the story of this wonderful St. Augustine Inn. The real story is the people. Irving and the entire staff are genuine, friendly, engaging people who truly understand that you are on vacation and go above and beyond to make your visit as enjoyable as possible. Despite my own elevated personal opinion there is nothing special about me but... they treat me as if I am truly important. This is what personal interaction and attention to detail is all about. My wife and I have stayed here several times and will continue to do so. It really is our home away from home. I will continue to spread the good word. Thank You.

Room Tip: We have stayed in every room type and size finding each of them very comfortable and enjoyable. Rooms with balconies offer some level of privacy, excellent views and a great way to relax and unwind. I spend the vast majority of my time on balcony talking with fellow guests.
1  Thank loraron513
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We debated on spending 160 on a room, and now we are so glad we did it!! The room was located over a courtyard with views of a private garden. Convenient to shopping and historical sites, we did not have to move our car all weekend. The owners greeted us at the door, carried our bags to our room, gave us great suggestions on tours, restaurants etc...provided a continental breakfast and then watched our bags after we checked out, so we did not have to move our car. After doing the math, our weekend was easier because we did not have to drive in St. Augustine traffic, we heeded the food suggestions and used the suggested tour guide and not the big train/trolley cars.