1,013 results
All reviewssanta mariaparking garagerocking chairsbagelsperfect locationseveral buildingsyour luggageold townpeople watchshared balconythird floorbalcony overlookingroom was largeno elevatorcoffee makerfortschoolhouse
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I recently booked a room here for my mother and father. They really enjoyed it. My mother is a travel agent and stated the staff were all very nice and the rooms were all clean and recently painted. She would go back in a minute. The location can't be beat. The breakfast was ample and the courtyard was very nice. My mother asked for a tour of the other types of rooms and she was given one. She said the balcony rooms were very nice and there is a nice suite. She stayed in the Santiago room which was of ample size for 2 people. It had a small refrigerator. There is no parking on site but for 5.00 a day you park in the public parking garage which is about a block away. She stated that the staff was wonderful and could not have been any nicer.

Room Tip: Ask for room with elevator if you can't walk up stairs. Room overlooking the cemetery was quiet.
2  Thank LuckyRusty
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Best location in St. Augustine.

Wonderful staff....
Good selection of breakfast items and a lovely courtyard to enjoy it in...
Nothing better in St. Augustine.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

We enjoyed our stay very much for many of the same reasons as the others - great location, very clean room, thoughtfully accessorized, and comfortable furniture. Heck, our Castillo suite even had a small under-counter fridge and ice maker with a martini shaker setup on the counter. The staff was helpful and friendly.

It's great location is also the cause of our main gripe - it's a bit noisy. The Inn is really a collection of small buildings in slightly different spots. The Castillo suites are right across from the Mill Top Tavern (waterwheel) and their musical entertainment is readily heard in the room. We were on a busy traffic street and the main walking street in the historic area so lots of those noises too. We got unlucky that a marathon started at 6am with blazing speakers and music to kick it off - but I don't hold that against the place - just the luck of the draw.

That said, for our one-night stay it was perfectly nice since we were out all day and night anyway. But, I'd have been bothered by that more if staying longer.

1  Thank MandL89
Reviewed November 7, 2011

This hotel has a great location; clean and comfortable; customer service was phenomenal! However, the walls are thin. I could hear everything in the next room. I was glad we stayed in the Pinta room #17 because it was an end unit and we only had noise coming from one side. The balconies are shared with three or four other rooms and if anyone is on them, the noise travels into the room. Internet was non-existent in the rooms which is a major downfall for me since I research things to do and places to eat each day from the room. Cell service was poor as well. Somewhat disappointed since my husband and I were looking for a nice, QUIET, relaxing weekend.

5  Thank g8trgrad
Reviewed November 6, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the St. George Inn to celebrate our anniversary. We were so happy we chose them. We stayed in the Santiago room. I think it's the smallest of what they offer and it was bigger than most hotel rooms. The staff was SUPER friendly and the room was very clean. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were so soft! The location of this Inn couldn't be better. It is right on the main pedestrian street in the historic area. We looked out our window and saw the Castillo de San Marcos. You walk down stairs and share an adorable, quaint little courtyard with a bunch of little shops. It is a fabulous place to stay and we can't wait to go back.

2  Thank AFitzgerald825