“Golf the Way It Should Be”

St. Johns Golf and Country Club
The Villages, Florida
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Golf the Way It Should Be”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I played St. Johns Golf and Country Club for the second time yesterday 3/3/14 and from start to finish it is golf the way it should be. Upon pulling up to the bag drop, my bag was removed from the car and placed on a cart. For the discounted $42 greens fee, it is a real bargain, with course layout and conditions worthy of greens fees three times more. The greens are very fast, cut to about 12, and run true as they are rolled daily. For the golfer who loves a challenge, this course, with its multiple tees and well placed hazards, will provide whatever excitement your handicap warrants. I found it very fair from the front tees. The course is very scenic with lots of water, bunkers with nice soft white sand, some terrain undulations, and a lovely bridge reminiscent of St. Andrews on one hole. The staff was very friendly. I will definitely return here regularly for the duration of my winter stay in St. Augustine.

Visited March 2014

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fast greens!”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Very fun course, would have loved to play it a second time once I understood where I needed to hit it! 17 and 18 were very tough finishing holes, with a stiff breeze into your face on a long 18!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Whitey1963
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Dream Wedding Venue”
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

When I began researching venues for my wedding, I made it a point to read through many reviews, because I believe they are the best way to get a sense of the customer experience. I was looking for a reception venue that would accommodate approximately 100 to 125 guests. My main criteria were that it be affordable, have good food, be pretty and well maintained and have reliable service.

I began by looking at the usual venues that pop up on searches, but wasn't really blown away by them. However, when I began to look for reviews I came across several about Saint Johns Golf and Country Club. The reviews raved about the location, the food, how affordable it was, but mostly about the service provided by their coordinator, Amanda Dunn. After looking online at their website and multiple reviews I decided to schedule a meeting.

The moment my mother and I pulled up to the entrance to the club we knew this would be the place. The grounds were gorgeous, with pretty bridges, waterways and lawns. The clubhouse looks like a lodge, with pretty stone walls, dark wooden beams and iron chandeliers. The place was impeccable and smelled clean. Even the bathrooms were well maintained.

Amanda Dunn was simply amazing! She was extremely thorough, detailed and professional. She made sure to point out anything I might have missed and kept detailed notes on everything. She was very good about answering my questions and getting back with me in a timely manner.

The day of the wedding went off without a hitch! Amanda took care of everything. I didn't have to worry at all, because I knew she had it handled. The food was AMAZING! Our guests raved about it. The service was fantastic, and everyone had a great time. I would recommend this venue to anyone hosting any special event.

Visited February 2014
Dayton, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Little gem of a golf course”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

Played here on way from airport to ocean hammock. Booked tee time on golf now.com. For $39. /person. What a great bargain. Course was well maintained and greens rolled beautifully (and fast). Even lunch was good. Staff was friendly. I have played around the US and UK. This was a heckuva good deal. Manny1950

Raleigh, North Carolina
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Great golf, friendly staff”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We had a chance to play this gem of a course the other day. A bit warm here in September, but cloud cover kept us cool enough. The course was in excellent shape with well maintained fairways and tees and very fast greens. The layout is challenging and you can play from over 7200 yards if you have the game! We played before 10am so it was $49 each, but it drops to $41 after than and then $32 later in the day. Really friendly and helpful staff - especially the cart guy - and regular visits by Jessica on the beverage cart made it an enjoyable experience.

Visited September 2013