“First visit to Cafe Solo”

Restaurant and Cafe Solo
Ranked #275 of 579 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
St. Augustine, Florida
“First visit to Cafe Solo”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went and ordered the Feijaoda (i'm sure i butchered this spelling but hey). It comes with enough food for sure to feed two people. I thought the meat was good, but not great. The sausage and beef is served in two large crocks of black beans. The stuffed and fried potato roll was good but I didn't like the breading all that well. The meal also came with fried bananas which just seemed to be sweet more than anything else. The restaurant is small but comfortable. I would like to go try something else there again sometime just to see if I liked something else. I really went back and forth between rating this a "3" or a "4" so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank cwbunger32

“Wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Excellent food! My waiter Geff was very helpful and the food presentation was beautiful. I had Mozzarella Caprese and Linguini with Zucchini. Definitely will visit again!

• Visited August 2013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Delicious Paella & Sangria! Owner knows his stuff!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This restaurant is on a very quaint and beautiful street in San Augustin. Angelo, the owner, was extremely friendly and knowledgable with great stories. The food was excellent with very tasteful and unique flavors!

• Visited August 2013
Woodstock, virginia
“Great Meal and Service”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were looking for a good quiet restaurant somewhat off the beaten path in St. Augustine and luckily found this excellent restaurant. We had the fish stew for two which was one of the best dishes I've had. I liked the way it was prepared and presented and it was more than filling. Our waitress Melissa was adept at steering us through the menu and wines with pleasant support throughout. We were very pleased with the entire experience and would return and have the fish stew again.

• Visited June 2013
Woodstock, virginia
“Great Meal and Service”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were looking for a good quiet adult restaurant in St. Augustine and Cafe Sol more than filled the bill. The fish stew we ordered was truly outstanding, the best meal we had in St. Augustine, and very reasonably priced. Our waitress Melissa was attentive and helped us make good decisions in both food and wine. The previous comment about the food not being authentic was lost on me...I wouldn't know authentic but I know what's good.

• Visited June 2013