“Can't wait to go back”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
DeLand, Florida
“Can't wait to go back”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place for lunch and we wanted to try something different. We do not have much experience with Brazilian food so we don't really have much to compare it to, but as far as the food we were served goes, the way they looked, smelled, and especially - tasted, both of our orders were exceptional. My wife had the Lemon Chicken and I had the Chicken Enchilada. We can't wait to go back!
Some of the staff (?) were preoccupied with the street-side tables even though there wasn't any customers out there, but that had no effect on the service. There were no customers when we walked in so if it looks empty don't let that stop you. This is a gem!

• Visited May 2013

Saint James City, Florida
“great food/terrible service”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stopped for lunch yesterday. The place was almost empty. First I'll say most of the food we ordered was great. We got several appetizers, Bahia shrimp, shrimp and mussels and empanadas. The portion size was large. All had great flavor and very fresh. We also got one entree, a special, stuffed clams. We asked our waitress what they were stuffed with and she said 'i don't know, you'd have to ask the chef'. She also didn't know if they were an appetizer or entree. Another waitress came by and tried to help, but she didn't know either. Finally they at least found out it was an entree. It was a good size, accompanied by white rice and salad. But, the clams were tasteless, just a bunch of breadcrumbs and melted mozzarella. Very surprising since the appetizers were great. Our waitress seemed to have no interest in the menu or in learning how to be a waitress. It's too bad. Go for food but expect bad service.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Kathleen T
Asheville, North Carolina
“Average for the cost”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We were in early for lunch and the kitchen was blasting Sublime which was ok, we were the only table. We ordered the special that consisted of two types of beef, chicken, pork, and sausage. We discussed the options with the waitress and the price on the special's board was $19.50 (we missed the each part). The food was ok the beef was way overcooked but I let it slide because I thought it was $19.50 not $39. I do not this they should advertise a meal for two with an each price if you can't order it for one, it is misconceiving, the waitress should have mentioned it.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank AVL_traveler1
Rowlands Castle, United Kingdom
“Brazilian fish stew - fab”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We visited for dinner mid week and couldn't understand why it was so quiet. We had fish stew which was delicious - it had fried bananas and rice with it which sounds a bit weird but it was really good. Staff were efficient and helpful. The decor is a bit tacky which may put people off (plastic parrots and flowers) - ignore the decor and give the food a go. Its next door to cellar 6 - see my other review which is stiff competition.

• Visited April 2013
St. Augustine, Florida
“Another great Gem on Avelis st.”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The food and atmosphere are wonderful. Very authentic as far as I could tell, but I have yet to go to Brasil, I am waiting to go with my Brizilian niece to get her opinion on the authenticity. But I enjoyed it tremendously both times I have been there, Looking forward to visit there again

Visited May 2012