“Good food and service”

Barley Republic Public House
Ranked #61 of 597 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American, Irish, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Saint Augustine's only Irish Gastro-pub. Enjoy Craft beer, Craft food and Craft Spirits. Happy Hour: Mon-Fri 4-7 pm. This Irish bar and pub serves up traditional and contemporary Irish favorites like Shepherd's Pie, Bangers and Mash, and Fish & Chips as well as burgers and sandwiches.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is a block or so behind St. George Street but a worthwhile find. The menu contains a 'soon to be famous' Irish egg, which is a hard boiled egg coated in corned beef hash and then deep fried - definitely worth a try and very tasty! Menu is good, choice of beers on tap and wine - but no spirits are available here.

There are newer reviews for Barley Republic Public House

Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband really wanted to fish and chips so we decided to check this place out. What a mistake that was. It was a Thursday evening around 7pm. It was packed inside, but when we arrived they were setting up outside. We sat outside on a chilly evening, but they had heaters going. A gentleman said he would let someone know we were outside. Well the waitress didn't come out for a good 10-15 minutes, then it took her another 10-15 minutes to get our drinks. We got our "onion ring" appetizer, which was a joke. It was onion pieces, battered, and thrown in a bowl and a tiny thing of sauce on the side. These were more like onion garnish, then onion rings. We waited for what seemed like forever and never got our food! Two other tables that got there after us got their food though! My husband and I tried to be very patient, but at this point we decided to leave. The waitress was too concerned with the bachelor party table inside over us. We went inside to the bar, where we found the "owner" playing bartender and informed him what happened. The only good thing I can say is he comped our drinks and app. I was not impressed at all! There are too many places in St. Augustine with great service, than to waste your time here. To be honest I have NO clue why they are so highly rated on here!

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We ordered the fish fry, bangers mash, and Connecticut oysters with drinks. All were great but the service deteriorated once we received our food.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

bangers were good. irish egg was ok. side of mashed potato was gross. too many choices in the area to settle for this place!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

It was chilly so we ate inside. We had the chips for an appetizer but they were not as excellent as the Yelp Review had noted. We had corned beef and sandwiches along with the fish and chips. It was just okay - nothing I would run back to try again. The service was fine.

I think if I did go back it would be to sit outside and enjoy a beer.