I wanted to write a good review about this place since I read some bad ones that made me hesitant to even come. i booked through priceline for a great rate, planning a weekend stay w my 2 kids while my husband went out of town on business. first i called the night before to make sure I had 2 double beds. Roland (sp?) took my call, noticed they had booked me a smoking room and quickly fixed it, he was very funny and pleasant. We got into town way before check-in time. The manager Adam Pollack got me a parking pass, checked to see when the room would be ready, and got us all tucked in. The room was clean, the cleaning staff had just been in and were very nice as well. after we came back from a day on the town we had fresh cookies at the lobby. The "above and beyond" moment for us came when I noticed the wireless internet signal was not strong enough. I asked Adam if they had an ethernet cable I could rent or borrow. He went to his office and lent me his personal one, HOW COOL WAS THAT. The location was fine...St.Augustine is very easy to get around. Overall I was super happy and will gladly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ...to the nation's oldest city, historic St. Augustine. You are invited to stay and relax in our full service hotel with restaurant on site; conveniently located near St. Augustine's rich history, attractions and shopping. The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic is the perfect setting for a family vacation or the weary corporate traveler. Just minutes from the Castillo de San Marco, Flagler College and the Cathedral Bascillica. Other nearby favorites are the Lighthouse, Alligator Farm and the Lightner Museum, plus we are only a short drive to golf courses and the beaches.The Cafe St. Augustine Restaurant serves a Country Breakfast Buffet daily, and also offers room service and dinner. The Flagler Room offers the perfect setting for meetings and receptions. Sightseeing trains provide shuttle service from the hotel. Nearest major airports are Jacksonville, Daytona & Orlando.Favorite Special Events and Holidays are the Gamble Rogers Folk Festival, Nature & Birding Festival, Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th Fireworks Celebration, San Sebastian Wine Festival, Daytona 500 and TPC at Sawgrass.Let our friendly staff make a reservation for you today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites St. Augustine/Historical District
- Holiday Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn St Augustine