“great stay and wonderful staff”

Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic
Ranked #29 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Daytona Beach
“great stay and wonderful staff”
Reviewed December 8, 2008

I wanted to write a good review about this place since I read some bad ones that made me hesitant to even come. i booked through priceline for a great rate, planning a weekend stay w my 2 kids while my husband went out of town on business. first i called the night before to make sure I had 2 double beds. Roland (sp?) took my call, noticed they had booked me a smoking room and quickly fixed it, he was very funny and pleasant. We got into town way before check-in time. The manager Adam Pollack got me a parking pass, checked to see when the room would be ready, and got us all tucked in. The room was clean, the cleaning staff had just been in and were very nice as well. after we came back from a day on the town we had fresh cookies at the lobby. The "above and beyond" moment for us came when I noticed the wireless internet signal was not strong enough. I asked Adam if they had an ethernet cable I could rent or borrow. He went to his office and lent me his personal one, HOW COOL WAS THAT. The location was fine...St.Augustine is very easy to get around. Overall I was super happy and will gladly stay here again.

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank mamimd
HolidayInn32084, Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this review, August 1, 2015
Thank you for writing your review.

We noticed this review is quite old but had never been responded too. We have a new management team and want to make sure we respond to all reviews, positive and negative. This will allow us to improve our hotel. The hotel has renovated it's lobby & rooms.

Thank you once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Marietta, GA
Reviewed November 11, 2008

We stayed here for three nights while visiting St. Augustine. The staff were friendly, professional and very helpful. The room was clean and well appointed. Sara at the front desk was very knowledgable about the area and when we requested additional towels had them in a moment. The hotel is within walking distance to the historical district. Suggest you take the train or trolley to get a tour if this is your first visit. They will pick you up at the hotel. We would definitely stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple

Tampa Fl
Reviewed October 29, 2008

While I have no complaint with the room we stayed in or housekeeping, the front desk staff could certainly use some customer service training. At check in, three different parties were told to wait (15 minutes or more) while the front desk clerk sorted through some paperwork. One customer eventually grew tired of watching the paper shuffle and departed.
We later discovered we left an item behind in the room. When I called the hotel, they said that housekeeping had found it. They promised to send it to us (at our cost which I had no problem with). A week later, as it had not arrived, I called and they promised again to send it. After numerous phone calls and numerous promises, we are still waiting 4 weeks later.

• Liked — Good location
  • Disliked — Front desk
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple

jacksonville, florida
Reviewed October 16, 2008

Nice rooms with a good price all the staff were helpful and
plesent. The desk clerks on duty were such a pleasure to
deal with. The rooms were clean and very well appointed.
A real pleasure to stay here things were within walking distance
lots of places to eat including at the Holiday Inn itself.

• Liked — The Staff was just great!
  • Disliked — Really have no negative comments about anything I found.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple

rodj41
Reviewed October 14, 2008

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed at, the staff made our family feel like family, and that is unusual now a days. The front desk staff had all the answers about the Historical area and the hotel is clean and the rooms were great. I would stay here again and will recommend to many others.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — I loved everything
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family

Aberdeen, Scotland
Reviewed September 30, 2008

We stayed for three nights 19 - 22 September 08. We were staying on a room only basis. This hotel was lovely as soon as you walked in, the staff were very friendly. We had our twin infant daughters and had requested two cribs/travel cots, this was already in our room all set up with ample amount of sheets for them too. The room was very spacious even with the two double beds and cribs.

The hotel is well located and many local amenities are close by. It is easy walking distance around 1.5 miles to St George Street, the main shopping street. It is also 6.5 miles from the Prime and Premium Outlets either side of I95.

We ate in the hotel, the menu was not extensive but was easy to find a choice. Also our daughters ate free which was an added bonus.

There was swimming pool which our room overlooked, but we didn’t have time to use it.

We made use of the onsite laundry facilities which were excellent. $1.75 for the wash cycle and the same again for the drier.

There is also a computer in the reception area which is free for residents to quickly catch up on email etc.

Another freebie in reception if you time it right is warm cookies, mmmm!!

• Liked — Spacious, clean room
  • Disliked — Nothing at all
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family

savannah
Reviewed September 4, 2008

First of all, I would like to say this was not my first visit to St. Augustine. I visited this city earlier in the year and stayed at the Days Inn Historic District right next door ,and although I loved the city, I hated that hotel! The rooms smelled like mold and the carpet was absolutely disgusting! After walking around in the room for just a few minutes the bottoms of my socks were completely black. So when my husband and I wanted to travel to St. Augustine again, we definitely did NOT want to stay there again.
This time we stayed at the Holiday Inn (right next door to that crummy Days Inn) from Sept. 1st - 3rd 2008. We had a wonderful stay. The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable, there were plenty of pillows. The water pressure in the shower was great. I was even suprised to see the hotel offered room service, and indulged in breakfast in bed, always a nice treat on vacation. My favorite feature, - the room had a digital thermostat which meant we could set the exact temperature in the room. No fiddling all night with those annoying hot-warm-cool-cold type knobs that you can never seem to get adjusted just right like hotels usually have.
The location is perfect. We could enter from Ponce de Leon and San Marco ( which is important, since almost everything is located off of San Marco). Although the hotel does not offer shuttle service to the trolley station, there is a welcome center only 0.25 miles from the hotel, so we just walked to it. It is nice being able to park the car and never having to drive again the entire stay! My husband and I enjoy the charm of St. Augustine alot, and we will definitley stay at this Holiday Inn again. I recommend it to anyone else traveling to the area.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — no shuttle service
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple