We stayed here for 4 nights. Yes the hotel is under renovation which was fine. The staff was extremely accommodating. Our family only needed a place to eat, shower and sleep. If that is what you need or an overnight stay then this hotel will fit your needs. Our breakfast was included and I have to say that it was the most pleasant part of our stay. Laurie, the breakfast attendant was so nice and refreshing to encounter each morning. She is such an asset to the hotel. Extremely warm and personable and her detail and attention to everyone she was serving was incredible. The front desk staff was very accommodating and knowledgeable about the area. Everyone that worked at the hotel was very nice even when walking through or encountering them on an elevator. Our only con was that we had four people and had to ask for four large towels not a big deal. Our room had a microwave and refrigerator which was a plus. There are no safes, however this also was not a big deal. Not sure on the problem, but beware of the scalding hot water in the shower which may be scary for anyone traveling with small kids. I would think that after all the renovations this hotel will be perfect. We had a great stay and would consider staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ...to the nation's oldest city, historic St. Augustine. You are invited to stay and relax in our full service hotel with restaurant on site; conveniently located near St. Augustine's rich history, attractions and shopping. The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic is the perfect setting for a family vacation or the weary corporate traveler. Just minutes from the Castillo de San Marco, Flagler College and the Cathedral Bascillica. Other nearby favorites are the Lighthouse, Alligator Farm and the Lightner Museum, plus we are only a short drive to golf courses and the beaches.The Cafe St. Augustine Restaurant serves a Country Breakfast Buffet daily, and also offers room service and dinner. The Flagler Room offers the perfect setting for meetings and receptions. Sightseeing trains provide shuttle service from the hotel. Nearest major airports are Jacksonville, Daytona & Orlando.Favorite Special Events and Holidays are the Gamble Rogers Folk Festival, Nature & Birding Festival, Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th Fireworks Celebration, San Sebastian Wine Festival, Daytona 500 and TPC at Sawgrass.Let our friendly staff make a reservation for you today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites St. Augustine/Historical District
- Holiday Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn St Augustine