First of all, I would like to say this was not my first visit to St. Augustine. I visited this city earlier in the year and stayed at the Days Inn Historic District right next door ,and although I loved the city, I hated that hotel! The rooms smelled like mold and the carpet was absolutely disgusting! After walking around in the room for just a few minutes the bottoms of my socks were completely black. So when my husband and I wanted to travel to St. Augustine again, we definitely did NOT want to stay there again.
This time we stayed at the Holiday Inn (right next door to that crummy Days Inn) from Sept. 1st - 3rd 2008. We had a wonderful stay. The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable, there were plenty of pillows. The water pressure in the shower was great. I was even suprised to see the hotel offered room service, and indulged in breakfast in bed, always a nice treat on vacation. My favorite feature, - the room had a digital thermostat which meant we could set the exact temperature in the room. No fiddling all night with those annoying hot-warm-cool-cold type knobs that you can never seem to get adjusted just right like hotels usually have.
The location is perfect. We could enter from Ponce de Leon and San Marco ( which is important, since almost everything is located off of San Marco). Although the hotel does not offer shuttle service to the trolley station, there is a welcome center only 0.25 miles from the hotel, so we just walked to it. It is nice being able to park the car and never having to drive again the entire stay! My husband and I enjoy the charm of St. Augustine alot, and we will definitley stay at this Holiday Inn again. I recommend it to anyone else traveling to the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ...to the nation's oldest city, historic St. Augustine. You are invited to stay and relax in our full service hotel with restaurant on site; conveniently located near St. Augustine's rich history, attractions and shopping. The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic is the perfect setting for a family vacation or the weary corporate traveler. Just minutes from the Castillo de San Marco, Flagler College and the Cathedral Bascillica. Other nearby favorites are the Lighthouse, Alligator Farm and the Lightner Museum, plus we are only a short drive to golf courses and the beaches.The Cafe St. Augustine Restaurant serves a Country Breakfast Buffet daily, and also offers room service and dinner. The Flagler Room offers the perfect setting for meetings and receptions. Sightseeing trains provide shuttle service from the hotel. Nearest major airports are Jacksonville, Daytona & Orlando.Favorite Special Events and Holidays are the Gamble Rogers Folk Festival, Nature & Birding Festival, Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th Fireworks Celebration, San Sebastian Wine Festival, Daytona 500 and TPC at Sawgrass.Let our friendly staff make a reservation for you today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites St. Augustine/Historical District
- Holiday Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn St Augustine