I stayed two nights at this HI which is well within walking distance of the old town area. The front desk fellow was very welcoming, helpful and professional. I reserved online at their website for $100 but later noticed a coupon booklet rate of $76 (advertised as the same offer if you phone for a reservation) which I showed to the desk clerk (Brendan?) and he immediately matched the rate with no fuss. But why wouldn't IHC offer the lowest rate to club clients online?
My room, a double queen, was large but crammed with way too much furniture which made it feel small. And too bad they use those harsh white light bulbs. Housekeeping was a little too relaxed (when I left the first morning at 9:30, the chamber maid saw me exit but by 3:30, when I returned, the room had not yet been made up). The breakfast buffet was good and the servers quite pleasant.
Not a bad deal in St Augustine by any means. If the room had felt less crowded and if housekeeping was more on-the-ball, the hotel would rank as a four- or five-star facility.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ...to the nation's oldest city, historic St. Augustine. You are invited to stay and relax in our full service hotel with restaurant on site; conveniently located near St. Augustine's rich history, attractions and shopping. The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic is the perfect setting for a family vacation or the weary corporate traveler. Just minutes from the Castillo de San Marco, Flagler College and the Cathedral Bascillica. Other nearby favorites are the Lighthouse, Alligator Farm and the Lightner Museum, plus we are only a short drive to golf courses and the beaches.The Cafe St. Augustine Restaurant serves a Country Breakfast Buffet daily, and also offers room service and dinner. The Flagler Room offers the perfect setting for meetings and receptions. Sightseeing trains provide shuttle service from the hotel. Nearest major airports are Jacksonville, Daytona & Orlando.Favorite Special Events and Holidays are the Gamble Rogers Folk Festival, Nature & Birding Festival, Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th Fireworks Celebration, San Sebastian Wine Festival, Daytona 500 and TPC at Sawgrass.Let our friendly staff make a reservation for you today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Augustine/Historical District reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites St. Augustine/Historical District
- Holiday Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn St Augustine