We booked this room on a trip to Miami for a cruise. The room was nice on first glance, however there were issues upon further inspection. I am not a picky person, and most things I can get by, but when the list became longer and longer, I had to speak up. When we arrived, there was trash on the desk, a used tissue at that - ok, we picked it up and tossed it, didn't say anything. Secondly, there was a used bar of soap in the bath tub, getting a little more irritated, but we dealt. Third - there were only 3 towels for 4 people in the room - so... my youngest ended up sharing a towel. Fourth, the icing on the cake - when I pulled the covers back for bed - it was very obvious the linens had not been changed - the mattress impression was in the sheet, like happens when you lay in the bed, and there was hair all in the bed. I called and proceeded to give them my list of things and asked for clean sheets. I had to change the sheets myself. My children would not even sleep under the sheets - lucky for them they had brought blankets and pillows. Management did refund $50 for the room which initially was $89 - however I would have probably refunded the whole amount had it been me. We were only there for one night and stayed the next night at Crowne Plaza - which exceeded all my expectations and only cost $15 more a night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ...to the nation's oldest city, historic St. Augustine. You are invited to stay and relax in our full service hotel with restaurant on site; conveniently located near St. Augustine's rich history, attractions and shopping. The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic is the perfect setting for a family vacation or the weary corporate traveler. Just minutes from the Castillo de San Marco, Flagler College and the Cathedral Bascillica. Other nearby favorites are the Lighthouse, Alligator Farm and the Lightner Museum, plus we are only a short drive to golf courses and the beaches.The Cafe St. Augustine Restaurant serves a Country Breakfast Buffet daily, and also offers room service and dinner. The Flagler Room offers the perfect setting for meetings and receptions. Sightseeing trains provide shuttle service from the hotel. Nearest major airports are Jacksonville, Daytona & Orlando.Favorite Special Events and Holidays are the Gamble Rogers Folk Festival, Nature & Birding Festival, Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th Fireworks Celebration, San Sebastian Wine Festival, Daytona 500 and TPC at Sawgrass.Let our friendly staff make a reservation for you today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites St. Augustine/Historical District
- Holiday Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn St Augustine