“great stay!”

Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic
Ranked #29 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed June 9, 2008

Not walking distance to the historic downtown, but short distance drive to everything. Welcome center just a few steps away. Very clean hotel. Great service. My shower curtain had mold and I told the cleaning lady. She didn't clean it , she change it! Even in the Ritz hotel I had that problem and they didn't change it. Anything you need, you just call and they provide. Very good breakfast buffet for $8.00. Also a Village Inn, Mc Donald's and Burguer King walking distance.

Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank francelly
HolidayInn32084, Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2015

Thank you for writing your review.

We noticed this review is quite old but had never been responded too. We have a new management team and want to make sure we respond to all reviews, positive and negative. This will allow us to improve our hotel.

Reviewed June 5, 2008

I stayed the night at this hotel. The hotel was nice and clean. However the people running the show there are horrible. I had forgotten a baby blanket there that morning when we checked out. I realized it that Sunday 5-11-08. I called and they had me leave a message with the House keeping manager. He Never returned my call back. I then went by there a couple days later, they couldn't get to the lost and found, it was locked up. I then made another call, they then sent me to the house keeping manager. This time I talke to him and he told me he would check his log and call me back. Still no return call to follow. I had made another call- left a message, no return call. I called yesterday 6-4-08 and spoke to the hotel manager, I told her the situation, she wanted my information (Name, date I stayed there, room #)and PROMISED me she'd call me back. Did she call me back? NO!!I then called this morning 6-5-08 and left yet another message for the hotel manager. Surprisingly at 11:43 on 6-5-08 I got a call back! He told me we don't have it! I said did you throw it away? All he could tell me is it's not in the log. I personally think that is a lie and they are to lazy actually check. Why they couldn't give me an answer a month ago, I don't know. I think it is unfare to give someone the run around. That baby blanket is a airloom and has been in my family for a VERY long time. I am disappointed that it can't be retrieved now because the hotel staff is lazy and careless with other peoples things! I live in St. Augustine and have people come visit from out of town a lot, I will never recommend this hotel to anyone! I will never stay at a Holiday Inn again, if the staff sucks this bad here I hate to know what they are like nation wide!!!!
Sadly Disappointed

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for writing your review.

Almost all the staff have changed since this review so we hope you have been to another Holiday Inn and had a good experience. Hope you give us another try.

Reviewed May 14, 2008

We had a wonderful experience in dealing with Maggie Gerbert---Director of Sales. She was very attentive to all of our requests and special needs. The hotel is located in an excellent location to vist all the sites of the oldest city. The hotel is decorated very nicely, has large rooms and are kept very very clean. The meeting room/ banquet room is very nice with large windows with very nice window coverings. It has bathrooms very close to the meeting / banquet room.The pool is full size with a hot tub in close proximity and kept sparkling clean. Our reunion group is made up of World War II veterans of the 503rd Airborne Regimental Combat Team, thier spouses, children, and grandchildren.I would highly recommend this hotel due to its location, cleaniness, freindly staff, large rooms and it meeeting / banquet facilities.

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank jerrymillican
HolidayInn32084, Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2015

Reviewed April 24, 2008

We are travelling with two small children (4 and 2) so need a room with a (seperating) door to the bedroom. This holiday inn provided this which was good. The room was adequate, nothing special. The pool and fitness room were good. The historical district is large and this is on the edge. If you want to go out at night and be in the thick of things you are in the wrong end of town. Generally suited our needs. Take the trolley tour - it was very good and the aligator farm was excellent for the kids.

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank Dunnman

Thank you for writing your review.

We love the Trolley Tour as well. You can get your tickets at the Front Desk.

Reviewed April 17, 2008

This is an OK hotel. The carpeting in the hall way and rooms was badly stained. We booked a 2 queen room and the room was quite small. For the price I would stay somewhere else

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family

Thank you for writing your review.

Yes, The hotel was renovated in the Lobby & The Rooms.

Reviewed April 4, 2008

I wanted to take a moment and say THANK YOU very very much. The Holiday Inn exceeded out expectations in every single way. The rooms were perfect! Clean and so well appointed. The housekeepers did a great job daily and the breakfast was fantastic. There was not one single complaint or problem from anyone on our team. On the contrary…they loved it!

A special thanks to your desk staff and gals in the restaurant. They were so helpful and friendly. A VERY VERY special thanks to Angie and Maggie who made everything possible. We totally enjoyed our stay with you and we will definitely stay with you again. Further, I will gladly steer other visiting groups to your excellent hotel. Thanks again!!!!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank dockrammer

Reviewed April 1, 2008

Family vaction in this hotel was just fine. The rooms are clean, check in is easy and friendly, bathrooms clean, rooms size OK (nothing expectacular) but the TV's need improvements or up-grades.
Our kids packed their play station to play at night in the rooms or watch a movie, but to our suprise the TV's were "old fashion" and doesn't have audio video conectors.....so that disappointed us alot. So our advice and only complaint to the hotel administrator is to alert customers about this, if they want to satisfied more of their customers.
Also it will be nice if they included "Continental Breakfast" like other hotels in the area. It's very nice that they provide a mini refrigirator in the rooms and microwave.
Overral, nice hotel with easy issues to improve.
Thanks!
P.S. Location is close to Ripley's, Shrine, Fountain and old jail. Within walking distance to more attractions, but should plan your day so that you are not waking back and forth to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family

Thank you for writing your review.

Yes, We renovated the Lobby and the Rooms.