“Convenient location”

Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic
Ranked #29 of 78 Hotels in St. Augustine
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We price lined this hotel looking for a deal near te historic district. The location is great. We walked downtown both nights and it only took us about 10 minutes. Room was pretty clean. Little bit of mold/mildew on the ceiling in the bathroom but other than that, everything was pretty maintained. I would stay here again if on a budget. Overall it was a pleasent experience.

• Stayed: June 2013
Mark F, Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

I thank you kindly for your excellent review. I am pleased to know that you found our hotel while looking for an intellegent deal. I hope that you enjoyed the historic district and the scenic walk to get there. Please feel free to visit us again any time you are in the area.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

from checking it to booking extra days to checking out er had the best experience: front desk personnel were wonderful,I feel like we have extended our family a bit : ) .. very helpful & knowledgable of the entire area, shuttle service to & fro for the trolley.. super clean hotel & rooms
breakfast was delicious, somewhat a little on the higher side then a few in the area But well worth every dime !!!! Sometimes its not the price its about the Quality.. enjoying the entire week here & they are treating my family & myself like family... We have been able to enjoy walking the area as sute seeing but shopping as well.. perfectly located well worth the price , friendiest staff, verywell maintained & clean !!!

• Stayed: June 2013

On behalf of all of the staff, especially the front desk, I a very much appreciate your splendid words. I will be pleased to pass along your sentiments. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Any time you are in the St Augustine area, please stop in to visit your new extended family. Take care.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Picked a bad time to stay. Their key card system was down. But the staff really excelled. They were always there to open your door whenever you needed. The staff, exspecially the front desk was extremely helpful and pleasant. they recommened a great restuarant just a couple blocks away that was one of the highlights of our stay.
It is a long walk to town so we just payed the $10 for all day parking in the garage downtown rather than do the walk. Parking is very limited in town.
The breakfast in the hotel was great. We had the buffet and it was everything you could want hot or cold for breakfast.
Our room was clean and very quiet. Bed was comfortable. Other than the key issue everything was perfect.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you kindly for your excellent review. I realize the key card issue was a definite inconvenience, and I appreciate your patience on the matter. I also thank you for your praise of the staff regarding that matter. Fortunately, I see that you found the rest of your stay pleasant. Take care and have a fantastic day.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Upon checking in, I asked the desk clerk to recommend a restaurant. Instead of answering my question, she directed me to a man that she called the concierge who was sitting at a table in the lobby. The "concierge" was actually a longwinded salesman who wanted me to give him a $20 deposit for coupons he said I'd receive for going to a sales pitch at another hotel. He talked for so long that I gave him the deposit, simply so I could get out of the hotel and see St. Augustine before it got totally dark. The next morning I went to the other hotel in order to get my coupons and my deposit back. The sales pitch lasted nearly two hours and it amounted to a man wanting me to pay him $8,000 to book time share properties and vacations for me. The $8,000 doesn't cover the travel expenses, just the service of booking the trips.

That man WAS NOT a concierge. He was not there to answer questions or serve guests, his only purpose is to get people to a time share presentation.

That was not the only issue I had with this hotel. The side door will not close, causing a safety concern and a bug problem. The hallway was chocked full of mosquitos.

The water in the shower left my skin and the tub floor very slick and slimy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sarahmckitty
Mark F, Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your views of the hotel. The person in the lobby is not a hotel employee and therefore I cannot comment on him. Regarding the side door, I will happily have that issue addressed with maintenance and I will also look into any possible fix as far as the city water is concerned with treatment. Thank you once more and have a great day.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My family & I just wanted a quick getaway with the kids before my husband leaves on military orders. We had to book last minute so the hotel we initially intended on staying at was already booked up. So I read the reviews on this hotel and decided it looked like a good place at a great rate. The only little hiccup was when our keys were not keyed up, so we were standing there holding all our luggage, with our 3 small children and not able to get into the building. We just walked around to the front and they fixed our keys. Customer service was great. We received one free breakfast with our stay (per day) and our kids were free, so we took advantage of their café, only paying for one full buffet. The selection was great and the food was good. The shape of our room was awkward and made it a little difficult to get kids to sleep at varying times, and also affected the temperature of the room, freezing by the window/ac unit, but very hot by the door. Our room was pretty close to the elevator and we almost rarely heard anyone near our room. I think there could be a few minor updates but over all this was a great stay. We enjoyed the pool Saturday morning, the temperature of the pool was perfect and we all had a blast swimming. Unfortunately we got rained out of swimming Saturday night, but we would have loved to get some more pool time in.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Mark F, Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review. I appreciate you letting us know that our guest service was up to your standards. I am happy to see that you took advantage of the breakfast and I am also pleased to see that your family enjoyed time in the pool. Regarding the room, I apologize for any discomfort you experienced due to the temperature differences. Thank you once more and have a fantastic day.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The hotel was very easy to find very close to the attractions you also can be picked up by a shuttle to go to the trolleys to visit the city.We paid for breakfast and it was well worth it. We'll stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Mark F, Manager at Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

On behalf of the entire staff I thank you kindly for your excellent comments. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the trolley ride and our breakfast. Any time you are in the St Augustine area, please come and visit us again. Take care and have a fantastic day.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was a guest recently at this hotel. The desk clerk was friendly and courteous as we checked in. He was also very helpful in honoring our requests and dispensing information. The room was located away from the noisy street and overlooked the pool. The location was great for visiting the city and the beach. I would definitely recommend this facility

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevator and the street.