Checked in nicely and promptly. The room they gave me was #201 a king bed jacuzzi suite. This hotel is older, and although not a dump, it is showing its age. I will cut to the main complaint, filthy rooms. The first thing I notice is the humid air in the room and the soured, spoiled smell in the bathroom. There was rust on the inside window blinds, indicative of humidity control issues inside. The grout in the bathroom was pure black, having never been cleaned it seemed. Mold in the grout/tiles in the corner of the tub setup. The ceiling above the shower had mold growing in multiple places and the there were simply mold colonies all over the ceiling.
The bed was comfortable and the A/C worked well. The stay, beyond the smell and sickening mold spore and humidity problem, was ok. Quiet, good nights rest.
The next day I saw the maid service carts and they do NOT use mops to clean the bathrooms. ALL the carts only uses those padded Swifter mops. This explains how black and dirty the bathroom floors are. And even though the carts all had vacuums, on all 3 floors I walked the next morning (until after check out) I never heard or saw anyone using the vacuums.
This hotel should not be more than a 2 star hotel and should not charge what they do. The area of town behind it is not the kind of place you would feel 100% safe walking at night. I felt so icky the next day knowing I breathed in all that mold all night and my clothes had mold spores all over it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ...to the nation's oldest city, historic St. Augustine. You are invited to stay and relax in our full service hotel with restaurant on site; conveniently located near St. Augustine's rich history, attractions and shopping. The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Historic is the perfect setting for a family vacation or the weary corporate traveler. Just minutes from the Castillo de San Marco, Flagler College and the Cathedral Bascillica. Other nearby favorites are the Lighthouse, Alligator Farm and the Lightner Museum, plus we are only a short drive to golf courses and the beaches.The Cafe St. Augustine Restaurant serves a Country Breakfast Buffet daily, and also offers room service and dinner. The Flagler Room offers the perfect setting for meetings and receptions. Sightseeing trains provide shuttle service from the hotel. Nearest major airports are Jacksonville, Daytona & Orlando.Favorite Special Events and Holidays are the Gamble Rogers Folk Festival, Nature & Birding Festival, Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th Fireworks Celebration, San Sebastian Wine Festival, Daytona 500 and TPC at Sawgrass.Let our friendly staff make a reservation for you today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, IHG, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn St. Augustine - Historic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites St. Augustine/Historical District
- Holiday Inn Saint Augustine
- Saint Augustine Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn St Augustine