“Disappointed in this place”
Review of Mojo's

Mojo's
Ranked #145 of 597 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We ended up at Mojo's because the place we were headed was closed to due to the bad weather.
We always wanted to try Mojo's so we were kind of excited. There were three of us an we each ordered 1 taco (2 fish and 1 beef). I asked the lady if they were big because I was hungry. She said they were very large and came with chips. The tacos were fairly tasty, just ok, but very small. They gave us a third of a paper lunch bag of tortilla chips for the three of us to share. No salsa available either. We also ordered two beers. The bill was $25 for three tiny tacos and two beers, seemed a little high to me. The staff is not friendly. There is only one table in there and they do not take credit/debit cards. Probably won't be going back here.

2  Thank Jillbus

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Being from NC, we KNOW what BBQ should taste like and actually did not want to even try Mojos, but we gave in and went and it was well worth it. We have been back several times. The brisket is great and the vegies are all wonderful. The macaroni and the sweet potato casserole are two of our favorites. Great value for the amount of food.

1  Thank 3NC-Travelers
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were having a taco attack on our way to JAX from Daytona and gratefully came across Mojo. Housed inside what looked like an old gas station, fresh made to order tacos were delivered up quick. We tried a fish (mahi), shrimp, chicken and beef. All the tacos were great except for the beef which was a chopped beef and a bit dry. The shrimp and chicken were the best. Interestingly, Mojo uses a 2 shell system. A hard taco shell wrapped by a soft taco shell with melted cheese in between. This made the taco very manageable since the inside wasn't overstuffed. They also offer burritos and taco salads. Beer available too. The price point per taco seemed a bit high which we found to be the only downside.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I am so sad that I live all the way in Ohio and will only be able to experience Mojos when vacationing in Saint Augustine. I feel like the majority of restraunts in Saint Augustine are very pricey, and very fancy. We saw Mojos and decided to check it out. The prices are excellent for the amount of food you get, and the food is just terrific! I've never had anything like the chicken burrito I had there. The burritos come with chips but make sure you ask for their salsa, its so fresh and delicious. It's very local, the only downfall is they don't take cards- only cash. But they have an atm located inside the restraunt. Its got just a few tables and a large couch and loveseat with a table placed in front. It's very chill- very organic. I just love it. The food, the atmosphere, EVERYTHING.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

We had always seen this place but it was closed when we would come by from work. On a stay vacation, we tried it after quite a few locals recommended it. Was absolutely all and more than it had been praised for. Good size portions, fresh and hot, great blend of spices that complimented each other and good value for the price. Sauce is great. Definately on our regular eat list and will spread the news via word of mouth to fellow locals. My lady said best tacos she ever had.