“Best around”

Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best around”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We just stumbled on this little restaurant/grocery store while visiting St. Augustine. They have some of the best Mexican food we've ever eaten. We've had the chili relleno, taco salad (which I don't normally eat, but this was well worth the gamble - it was great) and pupusas (a dish from El Salvador). Everything was top notch. I look forward to coming back to St. Augustine to eat here again. Prices are good. You pay extra for the chips and salsa but I highly recommend the $2.50 more. The salsa is unique. Big chunks of tomato and onions and served warm. The owner is very friendly and has given us recommendations on what to get. I think it may be his wife in the kitchen. This place is worth the little bit of a drive (maybe 5 miles?) from the main attractions in St Augustine to eat.

• Visited February 2014

Connecticut
“A great experience”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We got take out for lunch and it was amazing! You can tell the food is authentic and made with care and love. Carlos (the owner) was super helpful and sweet. I tried Pupusas for the first time and they were unbelievably good! Carlos made sure to tell me exactly how to eat them for when I got home. I can see why this is a favorite for locals. We will be back for sure, and highly recommend you try it too!

• Visited February 2014
Miami, Florida
“Awesome place!!!!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The food & service is excellent. Great little mom & pop restaurant. A family trip to Miami when we were craving some Spanish home cooked food it hit the spot.

• Visited December 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Try the Huevos Rancheros!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

What a wonderful find! This little hole in the wall is so easy to miss as it is tucked away in a sort of nondescript building off of 1S. We went there for breakfast on a Saturday and ordered the Huevos Rancheros - very affordable at only $5.99, and cafe con leche. Excellent and excellent. The Ranchero sauce was authentic, rich and very flavorful. Breakfast is served daily until 11am. The husband and wife owners are delightful to talk to and both work hard at maintaining high standards. They are actually from El Salvador. A wonderful and affordable gem that's not to be missed. There is also a little Latin grocery sort of attached to the small dining area. We didn't really explore it, but it looked like they carried many Latino food items. Look for their sign, across the street from a VW dealer on 1 South. Leaving St. Augustine, heading south on 1, it would be on your left.

• Visited December 2013
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Excellent(e)!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Home cooking! Please don't tell my mom or wife, but this is better!
The ingredients are fresh, and you can see that the kitchen is clean and very well kept. I managed a restaurant briefly, and that's what I try to look (and smell) when I eat out.
I talked to the owners and confirmed that they put a lot of effort into each dish. They could have taken shortcuts, but they choose not to do it.
Your body will recognize the meal as fresh and healthy.

• Visited September 2013