“Enchanting gourmet breakfast!”

The Gourmet Hut
Ranked #134 of 580 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Enchanting gourmet breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Wow, what a neat surprise. This restaurant makes you feel like you are eating in a Spanish garden. We had an early Saturday brunch, and the food and service were delightful. Go early to get a good shady spot!

“Passionate people serving great food in a quaint little garden!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

Romantic garden seating with delicious gourmet food wonderful atmosphere and excellent service! My girlfriend and I made a 2 hour trip from Orlando just to have my birthday dinner here and it was more than worth it!

Carolina Beach, NC
“Very unique, romantic experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Stumbled across this gem while doing a ghost walk tour and was taken back by the charm of the intimate, table in the garden setting, so much so that we bailed on the tour in order to eat before they closed. Menu is on a chalkboard that changes daily with entrees averaging $30 and a domestic beer was $8, so it's far from cheap, but you are paying for the unique experience. Definitely worth a visit if the weather is cooperative. Live music heard from neighboring establishments.

Visited June 2014
St. Augustine, Florida
“Awful experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Living in St Augustine for many years my boyfriend and myself have tried almost every restaurant in town. We are always up for trying new places. We of course have our favorites but the other night decided to try this "restaurant". We have both worked in the restaurant industry and rarely complain about anything when we go out. This place was a nightmare. Save your money and go to a real restaurant, there are so many better options in town! (our favorites are Collage and La Pentola).

So to start, when we entered the older blonde lady with the accent (Im assuming the owner) was sitting at a table right by the hostess stand and was a little overbearing right off the bat. But we have been wanting to try this place so decided to stay anyway. The waitress was very sweet. We asked for menus and she brought over a huge chalk board. A table who sat next to us right after asked for menus as well and had to wait until we were done, again making us feel awkward and rushed. The chef came out to go over vegetarian options with me which was nice.

2 of the chairs at our table were covered in rust so I was sitting in a chair facing the corner all night. When the food came we were given brown paper bathroom paper towels for napkins, dull knives, and we still hungry after our small meals. My wine tasted like it had been open for a week. Then the kicker.. The check came. This was actually quite comical considering we both left hungry still. I had a plate of grilled veggies with 1 small scoop of cous cous and was charged $27. My boyfriend had lamb and got 2 chops and was charged $29. Now we do not mind spending money on good food, we love going out to eat at nice places but 1 app, 2 entrees, and 2 glasses of wine and it came to $120. The food was decent but nothing spectacular and definitely not worth $120. I find it odd you charge $27 for veggies but don't even have real napkins! Fine dining pricing and cheap decorations do not make you fine dining. As we were sitting there laughing about this we could overhear the owner screaming at the waitress and the cook in the kitchen. Extremely awkward and I felt so bad for them. They both were very nice. We found an error in the bill, the waitress fixed it, we paid and left the opposite side of the "restaurant" to avoid the nasty owner. I don't know how this place has such good ratings on tripadvisor!

If you are visiting St Augustine do yourself a favor and avoid this place. There are SO many other great places to try with respectable owners, menus, napkins, and excellent food. We will never be returning.

4 Thank MelissaR728
Granbury, Texas
“Great food, great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

This place was recommended by the B & B we were staying at. The food was amazing, and the atmosphere was really cool. Sat out side, enjoying the beautiful evening, and time with my spouse.

Presentation of the food was perfect, and the quality was exceptional. Great place to eat for a reasonable price.