“Surprise surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chianti Room

Chianti Room
Ranked #37 of 579 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Surprise surprise!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

I selected this resturant on my resent visit because I usually eat at the same place when I visit St. Augustine but wanted to try something new. I admit that I went straight to trip advisor for help and found this resturant. Nothing fancy for decor but my oh my great food. We ordered the antipasto which could have easily been a meal for two. It was loaded and so tasty. We also ordered a small pizza (homemade) and my mother ordered the scampi. We were so pleased and yes, surprised at how wonderful the food was....and very reasonable. Kudos to Steve the manager! We Are planning on a return visit and hope to try out some of the sandwiches but it would take a lot to get us to give up the antipasto. A big thank you to all the reviews here on Trip Advisor - you helped us make a great choice.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Gvillegator I

Atlanta, Georgia
“Excellent service and atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Our server, Steve, took great care of us from the moment we sat at his table. We ate outside and ordered mozzarella moons and pescatore. Moons really hit the spot. The seafood and fettuccine noodles were a *little* dry/ tough, gotta be honest. But the tiramisu was delectable!! Would definitely go back, left with smiles on our faces.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank BehOui
St. Augustine, Florida
“Delicious Italian Food, Awesome Service!!!!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten here many times before, but yesterday I took my Mom, with a party of eight, here for her 89th Birthday. We were seated in less then five minutes by a lovely hostess and had our Awesome waitress, Alyssa, taking care of us with drinks and answering questions about the menu. Very impressive service. When the food came, no one at the table could believe the size of the portions or the great taste of the food!!!! They even came out with a Birthday Cannoli for my Mom which she thought was wonderful!!! Everyone had a great time and an excellent dinner!!! Just want to say a big Thank You to a Great group of people for making the day Special!!!!!! Great Job Alyssa!!!!! So if you want Awesome Italian food and Superior service, this is the place!!!! Period.

1 Thank AndyYankee7
Orlando, Florida
“Perfecto!”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

Mom and I come here every time we visit the area. The food, atmosphere and service is always on point. I can't recommend this place enough! It's perfect.

1 Thank slidermuzz
Ocala, Florida
“Excellent food and great ambiance!”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Seating for indoor and outdoor, we decided on dining indoors. We were seated right away by a very nice young lady. Our server had a great personality and was prompt. She was willing to offer advice since this was our first time dining at the Chianti Room. We enjoyed the beer selection and settled in for a nice glass of Peroni. Bread that comes out before the meal is YUMMY!!!! The menu selection was wonderful with many choices. The children's portion of the menu was great with something for every child. My girls loved the food they ordered! We enjoyed our dishes as we could tell they were made with great quality ingredients with a lot of flavor. We look forward to eating there again. We were not disappointed!!!!

Only complaints....the light fixture above our table should be cleaned since it is REALLY dusty. Also the stars that dangle from the ceiling should be cleaned as well. Everywhere else looked clean and the whole restaurant had a great feel. Very stylish!

1 Thank LilB33