“Fabulous bread sticks”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chianti Room

Chianti Room
Ranked #38 of 579 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Terlingua, Texas
“Fabulous bread sticks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a late dinner here on a Sunday night. The place is nice but casual as everything seems to be in St. Augustine. We ordered wine and when bread sticks arrived out eyes lit up at the first bite--hot, soft and deliciously garlic-y. I had shrimp pasta which was good but nothing special, my husband had linguine with an outstanding clam sauce--I was only able to sneak a couple of bites. We shared a wonderful tiramisu for dessert. Good value and service.

• Visited July 2013

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“wonderful, old fashioned italian restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

what a great surprise to find a terrific, old fashioned neopolitan italian restaurant that is perfect for the family from young to teens and adults. Very good food, with quality sauces and ingredients. Staff aims to please, as does management and kitchen.Very pleasant, fun decor. A breath of fresh air, away from but near the tourist hustle and bustle.

Gautier, Mississippi
“I ironed a shirt for this???”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was really excited by the reviews and could not wait to go. We entered through the pizza buffet side, down the hallway, past the kitchen, etc. just like on Goodfellas. They even found us a nice little 2-top by the men's room, out of the way of the over-zealous tourists. No problem with that. On a similar note, stand your ground at the reception area. "Adults" will try to butt in front of you. When we received our very nice chianti, all was right with the world. The very nice servers took our order of mussels for an appetizer and salad with the house Italian dressing. My lovely bride ordered chicken piccata and I opted for the veal Parmesan. Our salads arrived first. (??) Bagged spring mix which I detest. Thin leaves that you can't stab with a fork and will always sling dressing on you. Halfway through the salad, our appetizer arrived. (??) We rushed the part of our salad and started on the mussels. I loved them but she was not impressed. Then a guy shows up with our entrees, trying to shove salad plates, appetizer plates, the mussels, wine glasses, etc. aside so he can rid himself of our entrees!! I felt that he would have no problem piling plates on top of plates. After a courteous but dour look from us, he took our entrees back to the kitchen. Mistake. When they brought them back out, hers was okay but mine was soggy mush. Reminded me of the mystery meat breaded patties that I ate when I was poor. The penne with meat sauce? A gummy mess. I left most of it. They got us in, took our money and got us out. The 3 stars are for the chianti, mussels and the cannoli. Next time that's all I'll order.

• Visited June 2013
“Hidden Gem on St. George street!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Excellent value with happy hour specials and great live entertainment. We visit whenever possible for the atmosphere, friendly service, and great local talent.

The Villages, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Was so good we ate there two nights in a row...great Italian and the best pizza I've had since moving to Florida!

Visited June 2013