“Interesting tour but a guide would have added a lot.”

Dow Museum of Historic Houses
Ranked #65 of 137 things to do in St. Augustine
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

It was interesting to go through these old houses and learn about some of their history but what was missing was a guide. Self-guided tours work well when one is aided with recordings on a headset but in this case, a guide would have made the tour of the houses much more interesting. Still, all in all, the tour was worthwhile.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

First of all, I will say that we are glad that we visited these homes because we do like historic buildings like this. And I especially liked that they are in their original locations. They were interesting to look at, but overall it was an average experience. We would have liked to see more signs in/at each house telling some history of the occupants. We did this self-guided tour as a time-filler between some other St. Augustine sightseeing, and it was fine -- again, glad we saw it, but not something that I would go out of the way to do. If you know that what you are going to see is a collection of old houses (and there is an admission fee, I think $7.95 each), then you will probably enjoy it!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Interesting yet I wasn't really intrigued like I am other historical buildings. I prefers other locations to this. There was also black mold on the ceiling of the men's restroom

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

This was just OK . There are many other sights I would recommend before this one. It is simply walking through the houses on your own. No explanation except for a quick review of the map.