I pretty much agree with everything in the review previously posted by Jacqui-in-FL from May 14. although some of her concerns have already been rectified in my opinion.
As a walk in customer arriving early evening on a Monday, I was really hoping to get a better price than I did - but when I saw the room, deck and view - I paid what what was being asked!
Travelling from the UK and being a bit of a sucker for mid 20th century culture, I think the owners here are doing a good job at preserving historical interest whilst aiming to satisfy the needs of the the modern demanding traveller. Bear in mind that it is a work in progress that just needs some fine tuning to become pretty perfect.
Room 108 is very nicely re-modelled. Fabulous Bathroom. Great Built in Robe with light. Modern Dresser with concealed full size fridge. Very comfortable King Bed. Nice Side Tables with Beautiful Lamps that provide extra electrical outlets built in - Very useful!
A few extra details for me would be:
>Window dressing detailing to centre and sides of blinds (currently people walking past can see in when blinds are closed)
>A Chair would be nice
>A Full Length Mirror somewhere would be helpful
> Yes a flat screen TV when the current one gives up would Finnish things off I suppose - but really not necessary until then....... think of the planet Guys!
I used the pool on returning from a really hot day exploring the Old Town and found it perfectly clean - in fact the young lady on Reception came straight over when she saw me entering it, to check that everything was fine.
In summary I'll just confirm:
>For a room with a view you really couldn't do better
> Don't miss the Sunset
> If you're visiting St Augustine try going "Unchained" and support this local Business
USE THEM OR LOSE THEM.............. and then it'll be too late
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Picture yourself rising from a restful sleep and gaze out the window of your waterfront room, catching first glimpse of the Nation's Oldest City. Sailboats are anchored in the Bay, while others make their way to the Atlantic Ocean. Imagine sitting in your rocking chair, enjoying a cup of coffee as graceful seagulls fly above and dolphins break the waves. It's the beginning of another perfect day. The Edgewater Inn offers a relaxing, scenic and historic escape in the heart of St. Augustine, Florida. Located just a short walk from historic downtown St. Augustine at the foot of the Bridge of Lions, you will find this to be the perfect escape for your next getaway. Our 19 rooms property is ready to provide you with outstanding hospitality for both the leisure and romantic traveler. Recently renovated, the Edgewater Inn offers stylish rooms, a waterfront guest lounge area, a Smart Start hot breakfast, and afternoon refreshments. Come and enjoy St. Augustine with a view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Edgewater Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edgewater Hotel Saint Augustine
- Edgewater Motel Saint Augustine