“Side Street Delight”
Review of The Mermaid Cafe - CLOSED

The Mermaid Cafe
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Inside cafe dining in a unique atmosphere or outdoor courtyard with balcony overlooking historic downtown
Palm Coast, Florida, United States
“Side Street Delight”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

The Mermaid Cafe fronts on busy St. George Street. But pass through the main dining room to the lanai and the view and your mood change. Maybe it was the guitar duo. Perhaps it was the wonderful Florida weather in December. It could have been our attentive waitress. Whatever it was, it worked. We'll go back.

Visited December 2013

Florida
“Quaint”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Very enjoyable! When walking around downtown Saint Augustine, my family stumbled upon this quiet little cafe. We had a nice dinner and very good service. While sitting there, we realized there was an outside patio as well! Definitely someplace we will return to!

Visited December 2013
Houston, Texas
“What a great place .. with great food”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We love coming to St. Augustine, and we found the Mermaid Cafe and had breakfast..We went back for lunch !! Our server was friendly, Our food was awesome, The atmoshere was amazing ! Its Our new place to eat and people watch .. We had the Shrimp Cargot, Chicken n Waffles. Chicken Kabob .. yum !

Fleming Island, Florida
“Dont waste you're money”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

It is absolutely ridiculous what they charge for what they serve here. $2 extra for fries that are tiny little shoe strings? My daughter's bagel looked like it was bought at the dollar store and barely toasted, the ketchup on the table was DEFINITELY not Heinz, and i am 99% sure there was Wishbone Italian as the dressing on my chicken salad sandwich. My waitress was super sweet and attentive, but i could see two women just chit chatting away in the kitchen -complaining loudly about something out or other. And our food took forever for what it was (toasted bagel and a chicken salad sandwich!). I felt so bad for our waitress because she was trying to put dishes up in the kitchen, take orders, and serve. So so disappointed. Will never come here again... I don't understand how they are in business.

1 Thank GinaMarie M
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I received my waffles about 15-20 mins after my family received all of their meals. On top of that only one side of the waffles was cooked. The waitress had a serious attitude and tried to act like I should have not ordered them at all. We visit every year and needless to say I will never be dining at this restaurant again.

1 Thank BeccaSon