“They changed names- it's now Mermaid Cafe”
Review of The Mermaid Cafe - CLOSED

The Mermaid Cafe
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Inside cafe dining in a unique atmosphere or outdoor courtyard with balcony overlooking historic downtown
Reviewed July 23, 2013

After walking up and down St. George Street several times, we finally called to find out where they were located. They changed their name about a month ago.
We went for the crepes, they were ok- not great. Sadly, I wouldn't recommend going. The service was fantastic though.

There are newer reviews for The Mermaid Cafe

Reviewed July 17, 2013

A nice breakfast place with great crepes and good music. The staff was friendly and prompt but we the only patrons there at 8 a.m.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I had lunch here after we couldn't find Crazy Dogs. They have outdoor seating, but we were hot from walking so we ate inside. Even though they are a Crepe cafe, I got a Russian feel from the place. My husband got the beef crepes and they were delicious. I ordered the French onion soup and bacon pierogies. I recommend getting the sourcream with the pierogies. It pairs will with the potato and bacon. This place was pleasant little lunch spot. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I'm not a huge fan of crepes, so ordered bacon and eggs. Nothing great, eggs were just of, anf the bacon was very greasy and not crisp. My friends ordered crepes and were pleased, but what stood out for me was the french press coffee. It was very good, not sure if it was $8 for a pot good, but very good.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were given a recommendation to visit this place for breakfast from a local at another restaurant. The food was very good (omeletes, crepes, belgian waffles) and so were the beverages. It was a bit pricey ($71 for 3 adults and 2 kids). If the service matched the food it might be worth it, but the staff knew nothing of the area and were not very pleasant. We asked where the fountain of youth was and they had no idea..disappointing since they both said they grew up there. Overall the food was good, but not $71 good.