“TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE”
Review of The Mermaid Cafe - CLOSED

The Mermaid Cafe
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Inside cafe dining in a unique atmosphere or outdoor courtyard with balcony overlooking historic downtown
Miami Shores, Florida
“TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The place seemed to be nice and cozzy, but the food and service were awful! I ordered a bruschetta and they brought me a chewy bread, heated on the microwave, the tomatoe was hot and the presentation disgusting. My boyfriend asked for 20 chicken wings and they were not capable to understand that he wanted all the sauces on the side. They charged us 22 dollars for the wings!!! I asked for a glass of wine and minutes later I changed my mind for a bottle, the waiter told me that he had to charged me for the bottle and one glass more. Sadly, we payed a lot of money, the food was not good (the chicken wings sauces were terrible) and we have to stop at a nearby fast food restaurant to eat something in our way to the hotel. Very bad experience. Never come back or recommend this place to anyone!

1 Thank AventuraBird

Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

First time eating here and the Hungarian goulash was excellent. Get it in a bowl though and ask for the bread on the side. Really enjoyed our meal and would recommend the restaurant to anyone.

• Visited January 2013
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“CLAIM”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

In December 28, 2012 my family and I went to this restaurant for dinner,and couple of blind people with two dogs were trying to eat and waiting to be seat. We notice that 4 people were at the table close to us and they were finished to eat all their food, but restaurant the Owner said to the blind customers he did not have tables available; that situation is ilegal,it is against the law to refuse a blind customers because they had dogs. I had been in restaurant business for more that 30 years and I know if the attorney see this situation the owner will be suit.

All my family was really upset, I will never recommend anyone to come to this restaurant.

Also the Service was not good and the plate was cold and terrible presentation.

Please make sure that situation will never happen again.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Not Impressed ... If you sit outside, it is pleasant.”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

One mimosa...and the other ORANGE Juice. Not very consistent and their breakfast was quite disappointing. We asked to use the restroom and told to wait because they couldn't locate the key (15 minutes).

We did sit ouside and it was a cool morning so that aspect was pleasant. I felt like I was sitting at a bistro in Paris but it ended there.

Waitress tried to be funny and wasn't ...a little bit of a buzzkill for the mood if you ask me.

Boca Raton, Florida
“Lunch with family”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

A small restaurant in Russian style with russian owners. Food was tasty and fresh. Menue selection was good and every one in my family found its own type of food. Christmas interior was done very tastefull and colorfull.

Visited December 2012