“Food Yum, atmosphere ......”
Review of Haszard's

Haszard's
Ranked #96 of 597 Restaurants in St. Augustine
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Casual, fun restaurant serving American Food. Large menu with a large variety. Most items are homemade, fresh and delicious. order food from specialty sandwiches and homemade soups to the "real deal" Maryland crab cakes, blackened mahi and prime rib. Also available is pit beef, turkey, pulled pork and smoked ribs. Live music on Friday evenings. Dog friendly outdoor porch.
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We live up the street from St. Augustine in Jacksonville and are in the old town a lot to eat. Haszard's is squeaky clean, food was great (I had the crab cake), portion size is not your traditional American huge (I was full when I left, size was perfect for me). However, the atmosphere is more like sitting in a real estate office that was converted into a restaurant. Being in a city like St. Augustine, by the beach some may expect a better ambiance. Do not pass up the place if you have the opportunity to eat in this area often.

1  Thank ChristineLR

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Written before about Haszard's, cozy friendly beach place, family friendly, top quality simple food, fast enough but not fast food.

Try their new offering, onion rings. Wow! I asked Tim Haszard his secret. He selects sweet onions (from Georgia usually), hand slices, soaks in buttermilk. After the crunchy coating he freezes them on cookie sheets. He discovered frying frozen allows more browning yet keeping the onion juicy.

Friday evening Tim and Sharon sing and strum guitars. Very mellow!

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Your typical Mom & Pop beach side diner. The owners are sweet and lovely people and you can really tell the care about their costumers happiness! Decent food, good service!

1  Thank KittyGold60
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Nothing fancy about this place. I've been there four or five times over a three year period when we vacation in St. Augustine. The owner has been there every time. He has stopped to make conversation with me every time. The service is great and the food is even better.

1  Thank Brett H
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The first day in St Augustine we were exploring the beach area prior to checking into our hotel in Old Town. I had seen a review of Haszard's on TA and we wanted lunch it turned out we were about a mile from there so we headed over. My wife had the pulled pork and I had the sliced beef and both of them were excellent. Great hush puppies and some little corn bites that were so tasty we were sorry we didn't have more! The place was much more modern than we had expected and it was a great lunch experience!

1  Thank P1436JLfrankd