“Food and Wine”

The Tasting Tours
Ranked #1 of 29 Nightlife in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Taste the difference as you Tour St. Augustine! Experience one of the highest rated tour companies in Florida! We offer award-winning 3 hour food and wine pairing tours that explores St. Augustine’s exciting history, culture and food scene. As featured in prestigious, Travel and Leisure Magazine, The Tasting Tours is ranked #1 for the ‘best activities to do’ by TripAdvisor! The Tasting Tours…where 'every DRINK is a toast, every TASTE is an occasion and every TOUR is an experience'.
Orlando, Florida
“Food and Wine”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Nice way to see some of the city, while having some wine and food along the way, the guide was was up on his city history, and the wine was delicious.

1 Thank Chuck A

Jacksonville, Florida
“A Great Time!!!!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This tour was wonderful. Our guide was very knowledgeable about all the beers and would offer suggestions if we just didn't know what to try. There was an agenda of places we visited but a relaxing atmosphere, we never felt rushed to get to the next place. I can't wait to do this again.

1 Thank Hope F
Birmingham, Alabama
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Highlight of our Trip!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I cannot begin to even describe how great our trip on the Vittles and Vine VIP Carriage Tour was on Sunday, May 25th. Our trip started in The Tasting Tours office, where we met our guide, Jennifer, and the four other guests. Jennifer started us out with an option of a white or red wine, two glasses, a basket to put our wine and glasses in while on the carriage, and some unique cheese and crackers she picked up from a gourmet cheese store.

From there, we sipped our wine until our carriage guide, Mark, and his beautiful horse, Susie Q, picked us up. Jennifer explained to us that since St. Augustine does not have an open container law, we could only drink our wine in the carriage and that our driver, Mark, would stop the carriage to let us pour our wine when we needed to refill. Mark gave us an excellent history tour of downtown St. Augustine while driving us to our restaurants.

The first restaurant we stopped at was the Alcazar Café. The café is located in the deep end of what used to be a pool in the building... that was pretty neat! Our waiter, brought us hummus, pita bread, veggies, and a nice white wine. We enjoyed our food while hearing about the history of the building. Greg, the piano player, was fantastic, and his music added to the already-wonderful ambiance.

Our second stop, Nonna Trattoria, was our favorite. We got a meatball, pasta, and some tasty bread paired with a red wine. The food was excellent, and had we been in town longer, we would have definitely gone back to Nonna's for dinner.

Our third stop was the Floridian. We had some amazing fried green tomato bruschetta and grit cakes. Again, it was delicious. At this stop, we had the option of a white wine or beer. I opted for the local ale and my boyfriend got the chardonnay, both which were great.

We also stopped at a local popcorn store, Pop N Off, where Jennifer's son worked. Her son was super professional, and I could tell she was proud to show him off! We got to sample various flavored popcorns, and I even bought some to take home.

Our last stop was at the Mermaid Café, where we had strawberry crepes and dessert wine. They were both wonderful. This was the last stop on our tour and was the perfect ending to 3 hours of drinking wine and eating great food.

All in all, this trip was AMAZING! We had such a blast and cannot wait to come back with family and friends! I HIGHLY recommend paying a little extra for the carriage tour vs. the walking tour. For the extra money, you get a bottle of wine, an awesome tour guide, and you don't have to walk around after drinking at all the restaurants.

Jennifer was fabulous! She was so easy to get in touch with prior to the tour and was such a delight to travel with. Also, our carriage guide, Mark, and his horse, Susie Q, were great. If you are on the fence about booking this tour, DO IT! I promise you won't regret it!

Thanks again for a very memorable time, Jennifer!

3 Thank Angela C
Atlanta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Experience - Must Do!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is one of the highlights of our trip to St. Augustine. I found this on accident when I was looking for things for my boyfriend and I to do while on our trip to St. Augustine. I'm SO glad I found it. We had a great time on this walking tour of the city. Matt was our tour guide and we thoroughly enjoyed his knowledge of the city, the wine and the food; but we also enjoyed his company! We had a great group for the Corks and Forks Tour and we ended up getting to know a few of the couples well enough to go have a few drinks after the tour.

The food and wine at each stop was delicious. They give you a very diverse menu of food and wine so you don't feel overly full, but you definitely won't leave hungry.

I'd recommend this tour to anyone going to St. Augustine wanting to do something a little more unique and personalized than just a standard historical tour.

1 Thank Chels33
Birmingham, Alabama
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Must-do Tour in St. Augustine”
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful time on the Vittles and Vino VIP Carriage Tour. Jennifer was our guide and she did a fantastic job of showing us around the city. We enjoyed a great bottle of wine as we rode through historic downtown St. Augustine stopping at many wonderful restaurants for appetizers and more wine. This was the highlight of our trip. Susie Q the horse was great too!

2 Thank Duncan S