“Yum!!!”

The Gallery Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Found this place by accident. They are tucked away in the staples plaza. Stopped by for breakfast and had the homemade granola and a biscuit and gravy... Best granola I have ever had and they make it right there!!! Will definitely be trying lunch or dinner soon. Atmosphere was laid back and the art on the walls was amazing..

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Breakfast was very basic, nothing special. Ordered eggs, home-fries, biscuits, coffee and the sausage-white gravy. Asked about the only healthful sounding choice of homemade granola and waitress couldn't explain how it came, said most people ordered a milk to go with it. Three ladies beside us returned their orange juices twice as it tasted bad! We both felt bad after eating the food. We will never return.

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

The place feels so cozy!! The energy and staff are amazing!! Food is cooked fresh to order ! And is always delicious!! Good prices !!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Went to Gallery Cafe last year while in St. Augustine visiting my daughter who was expecting at the time. Took my mother and daughter out to lunch and had a fairly decent meal ( sandwiches, sides) and good service. Problem? Found out later that my debit card was charged twice for the same meal. One time for an amount that included the generous tip I added, then again for the base amount of the check. I tried to give the owner or management a call after making this discovery via my online bank statement, even called again and left messages explaining the situation, but never got any follow up from staff or owners. I live out of state, making this difficult to pop by and resolve. I probably could have taken further action via my bank but with my daughter giving birth two weeks early a few days after our visit, I never did. Won't patronize this restaurant again when in area because of this, probably (hopefully) an unintentional error on their part - but since no one cared enough to try and resolve it by returning my calls, I won't be back. I'm not sure what to rate them but will go with average since I am explaining my poor rating of customer service. Good Value? Not for us.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We saw the review for breakfast and we were disappointed! Arrived at 10:30 a.m. and were told that breakfast ended at that time but they could make us two eggs, two bacon, and two toast! The owner was in there on the computer and didn't change choice although he was two tables away. I wish we had left. Cute little cafe, clean, but obviously they didn't care if we came again. The waitress was very nice but obviously had no choice. When I asked if I could have a bagel instead of toast she replied, "I think they can do that". There are many other choices for a good breakfast so it is a good thing they like locals!

1  Thank janeByronCenter_MI