“Nothing fancy, just good food”
Review of Fish Tales Market and Grill - CLOSED

Fish Tales Market and Grill
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Breakfast & lunch served all day. Dog friendly outdoor seating. Gluten free menu available. Extensive beer selection. Wine by the bottle. Free WiFi.
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Walk in, place order, sit down. Maybe wander around and look in the area where the groceries are (not big, but some specialty items-including Datil pepper products, made locally). I had the burrito made milder, flavorful-but still spicy. Harald had the dish with the sausage gravy and biscuit, eggs, bacon. Not as big as it sounds, but definitely filing. The gravy looked scratch made, not canned.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten her two times. My only con is I had to eat outside (kids wanted to). It was hot even at 8:30. The pancakes are really good but huge. Think about sharing. Especially for kids. I got the omelet . Added hot sauce and really enjoyed. One lady owns and operates. Takes a little while for her to cook when they are busy but worth it. You are meant to relax at locally owned vacation spots like this one. I really wanted to try the spicy breakfast burrito. Maybe next time.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Based on a local Vilano Beach resident's recommendation, we stopped here for breakfast. The local said it was at the beginning of the bridge from St. Augustine to Vilano Beach and that it was the best breakfast around.

It was a great breakfast: the French toast, biscuits and gravy, eggs and bacon were all just wonderful.

But a couple or three cautions:

There are only five tables in this eclectic diner, which is as much convenience store as small grill. We were lucky that one table was empty but we had to clean it off. This is a real Mom and Pop type operation and the Mom and Pop were very busy: Mom's cooking, Dad's doing the rest, including taking orders, cash register, delivering food to the tables.

Partly perhaps because of this, of our party of four, one got her breakfast almost ten minutes prior to the others, so she had basically finished eating by the time we got our food.

But we'll definitely try it again, with these limitations. The food really was good and reasonably priced.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Every time we have visited St. Augustine this is one place we always go. Great breakfast and TONS of food! I normally won't eat "sweet" stuff for breakfast but I make an exception with these Pancakes! And the Breakfast Burrito-Spicy and delicious! Not to mention the gal cooking up our food showered us with great stories and conversation. Thanks!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We enjoyed this place very much. It is NOT what you think from the outside! Inside there are great lunches and sandwiches. An extensive selection of beers and wines. The "cook" has been at it for years and it shows.

But the best part is the friendly people working there. It was a lucky find for us. Try it for lunch or if you are looking for a beer you can't find anywhere else in the area.

I rated it good on special occasions because it would be a good place to get food and/or drink for an event on your boat anchored at the nearby yacht club. I would NOT hold an event at the place.