“first ghostly adventure/exercise”

Haunted Stroll Through Old St Augustine
Ranked #17 of 121 Tours in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Join us on a Ghostly Encounter. Enter the Love Tree Cottage to hear strange and unusual stories of those who refuse to leave. We also visit two cemeteries, the city gates the grounds of the Old Fort and many of your guides favorite haunts. Tour will last approximately 90 minutes with about 35 to 40 minutes of actual walking. People come from all over Florida, Ponte Vedra, Vilano Beach, St. Augustine Beach, Hastings, Palatka, Daytona Beach, and Orlando to name a few to take our tour. We have been touring longer than all other ghost tours in St. Augustine, except one, which now does not have the same owner. We offer an exceptional experience for the entire family and are pet friendly as well. No one tries harder to make you happy than the guides at "A Ghostly Encounter"!
Useful Information: Stroller parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed August 18, 2013

overall was fairly descent. dion was a great ghostly host. he was very theatrical at the sites. we took a bunch of pics. mainly lots of orbs, but there was 3 that had 'something' different. I guess it's up to the individual. I would try again maybe whenever I return to the city.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My 16 yr. old daughter and her friend had already researched which tour they wanted to take and this tour with Dion was their request. He did an amazing job! We all really enjoyed the tour. We all learned a lot of history in such a fun and eerie way. The girls loved the tour so much that they researched the history about the different areas that Dion "spun stories" about. Getting teenagers to do that just proves how interesting the tour was! Well worth the money.

AGETours, Manager at A Ghostly Encounter, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Thank you so much for your response. We love hearing the good things about our tour as we strive hard to make it both entertaining and informative. We will pass this on to Dion.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

A friend and I attended the tour as a last minute decision when the tour we actually had planned was booked for the night. Our tour guide was Dion and a gentleman shadowing him named Donny. Both were very informative on the history of the town and even had a few artifacts that we were able to view and hold. Dion was a great story teller and threw in a bit of humor along the way. All in all it was a very interesting experience. It was great to hear the stories and see the old buildings that had such an amazing history. We were in St. Augustine for my birthday weekend and history was the only thing I was after and after taking the tour I walked away very pleased. We did not see any "ghosts" however the knowledge I gained on what happened in certain places was enough for me. Thank you

AGETours, Manager at A Ghostly Encounter, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Tank you for your review. We love hearing from our Guest as it lets us know how we can improve the tour for better guest experience. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Dion was a very entertaining and theatrical story teller. It's a great tour if you want to hear some spooky history of St, Augustine but not to be scared out of your pants.

Thank you for your review, we really appreciate it. We try very hard to make the tour both entertaining and informative. I will pass this on to the Guide.

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

It just wasn't too entertaining to me. Not terrible, but nothing I'd do twice. He took us to sights (grave yard you can't enter, fort and a few other little sights) and gave a little history on them. Def more of a history lesson rather than a ghost tour.

AGETours, Manager at A Ghostly Encounter, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

I am very sorry that u were not pleased with our Ghost Tour. We do try to add a little history to the ghost to make it more creditable perhaps we added a little to much history

Been to A Ghostly Encounter? Share your experiences!