“Great Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Haunted Stroll Through Old St Augustine
Ranked #19 of 115 Tours in St. Augustine
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Join us on a Ghostly Encounter. Enter the Love Tree Cottage to hear strange and unusual stories of those who refuse to leave. We also visit two cemeteries, the city gates the grounds of the Old Fort and many of your guides favorite haunts. Tour will last approximately 90 minutes with about 35 to 40 minutes of actual walking.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

My wife and I took the Ghostly Encounter Tour on May 31. Ms. Higginbothom gave a great and eerie performance. I'm not a big believer in spirits taking earthly forms, but I snapped a couple photos on the tour that are giving me second-thoughts. Especially one at the Huguenot cemetery where I magnified the image of an orb and was shocked to see the image of a face and upper torso formed from the mist. It still freaks me out. Not sure how it will come out here, but I posted the original shot and magnified/cropped image of the orb (otherwise unretouched) to this review. Thanks again for the experience.

Visited May 2011
2 Thank gettheblues

Fla.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Ghost Tour Ever !!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

Went on the walking tour this past Sat. night with "Irene Higgenbothom" she was great !! She had the hole group scared to death, and the Spanish Hospital !!!! Let me just say the men were scared too. This lady know how to tell ghost stories, can't wait to come back. Irene said it's really cool in St.Augustine for Halloween. So we will be back for Halloween with "Irene Higgenbothom" so call The Spanish Military Hospital and find out when and what time "Irene" go's out you won't be sorry!!!

Visited June 2011
1 Thank BreezyFla_
Lima, Peru
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Yeah, yeah, yeah, not worth it, yeah, yeah, yeah.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

This "ghost tour" was painful and not scary at all. 2 hours of stories that seemed to take forever to end. My favorite parts of the tour were when we passed the homeless man playing his recorder and when the lady who worked in the gift shop shined a laser in our guides face on purpose while she was telling a story. The end was the worst. We were taken into a dark house where and an old man met us. He was from Brooklyn and talked with the accent and everything... even though he was supposed to be a grave digger in the 1700's from St. Augustine. The old man was not funny and talked about absolutely nothing for around twenty minutes, and im pretty sure he said "yeah" at least 800 times in that span. "yeah, yeah, yeah, there was this little girl, yeah, yeah, she lived down the street, yeah yeah. We live next to the drug store and the and the grave yard BOOM! BOOM! POW!." Every few words was separated by a few "yeah's". The first few minutes we all thought he was drunk until we realized he's just a horrible actor. Once he finished, he broke character (which still consisted of his New York accent) to tell us to go on this website and say how good this tour was to "help him out". Waste of time.

Visited June 2011
11 Thank JamesUperu
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very interesting and family friendly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2011

We took this tour with 3 children 9 years old and down. The tour itself wasn't scary just very informative about the paranormal activity in St Augustine! We walked all over downtown and heard short, truthful "ghost" stories along the way. Our guide, Matt, was funny and knowledgeable! I took several pictures that showed "orbs". Matt looked at the pics and confirmed the paranormal activity. The few characters dressed up made you feel as if you were there in time!

Atlanta, GA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ghost Tour”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2011

This is the type of tour that I prefer. The guides take you through the city on foot and tell stories with historical and supernatural information. I'd taken this tour several years ago. The tour guide was very nice and well-informed. Unfortunately, she was doing a fake Cockney accent that made her voice very low. It was a large tour group. I had to be right next to the tour guide to hear anything.

The portion in the old Spanish Hospital was pretty intense. A door behind me opened of its own accord. Someone in the group claimed that they were being breathed on by an unseen body.

The other issue were the locals, many of whom apparently have taken a dislike to the tourists who provide a large percentage of the jobs in St. Augustine. There were constant interruptions of people yelling profanities and generally being obnoxious as they passed on foot and in vehicles. There were a large number of drunks in downtown St. Augustine...on a Monday night at 9PM.....many apparently needed an AA tour.

Of course, the last issue was not the tour's fault. It just put me off on visiting St. Augustine again. I had a much nicer time in Savannah. The people were nicer, and the ghost tour was awesome.

Visited March 2011